|Job Title||Technology Consultant - Technology Advisory - Leeds|
|Service Line||Tech Enablement|
|Service Line Information|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Management Consulting Technology Advisory team in the North region has a breadth and depth of experience involving the Project, Programme and Portfolio Management (P3M) of technology-enabled change. Coupled with Client IT Advisory (ITA) we enable our Clients to align their IT strategy, architecture and operating models to deliver the needs of their businesses. We are now seeking to recruit an experienced individual who has Project, Programme and Portfolio Management credentials in the technology-enabled change context. SDLC (Service delivery life cycle) experience, and/ or an interest in developing IT Function advisory skills is highly desirable.
To deliver technology enabled change we often consult on Digital Sales and Marketing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Human Resource Management (HRM) solutions and emerging technologies. Our engagements typically involve some of the following components: conducting ‘as is’ reviews to understand current state and conducting gap analysis; conducting market scans for potential solutions; assessing technology for fit against desired functionality, time and cost constraints; performing a range of functions for our clients (e.g. PMO, SDLC); selecting/implementing and launching solutions. We also provide project and programme assurance, Project Management Office (PMO) and turnaround services and work with colleagues to provide a range of expertise around operational transformation, cyber and data analytics.
ITA engagements for our Clients may involve writing or reviewing IT strategy and roadmaps and/or governance models, developing their enterprise architecture (process, application, data, technical) or review their IT function to recommend their future ‘shape’ and the IT operating model (capabilities, skills, organisational design, culture, ways of working performance measures, and technology tools) and IT change management. We also advise on Sourcing Strategies.
We are part of our national practice of regional offices working with regional clients (well-known brands) across a diverse range of sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Manager (C Grade) to join our growing Management Consulting Technology Advisory Team based out of our Leeds Office.
This role will suit individuals looking to a pursue a career in Management Consulting and Technology whilst being based in a regional office, yet leveraging the benefits of a Big-4 Consulting Firm having its UK head office in London. The role will also suit individuals that enjoys contributing to, and shaping, the development a growing team and business.
Joining KPMG Consulting means becoming part of a market-leading talented team of motivated and experienced Management Consultants who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. Our reputation is our people.
No one type of person succeeds at KPMG and our team rely on a diverse set of personalities, characters and perspectives. There is a place for you here.
- Developing strong Client relationships and actively building a networks.
- Working with our Clients as a trusted advisor on better use/implementation of technology
- Building lasting relationships with our key Client stakeholders
- Managing small to mid-size KPMG Client engagements end-to-end or leading work-streams on our more significant engagements.
- Managing the delivery of Client work to an agreed plan, cost and quality
- Managing the day to day interaction with our Clients and internal KPMG teams
- Leading, managing and mentoring our team members that work for on yours projects or work-streams.
- Helping identify and develop opportunities at new and existing Clients where we have the potential to support them.
- Working with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to develop go-to-market propositions and Client proposals.
- Contributing to practice management and development, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
- Building knowledge and capability within the team, delivery and attendance of key training events.
Helping our junior team members to develop through mentoring in the role of a Performance Manager.
- A team player who anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns.
- Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which all opinions are valued.
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
- Passionate about talking to Clients on current technology issues and market direction.
- Intuitive self-starter capable of working independently as well as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary KPMG/Client teams.
- Able to provide on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to supports individual development needs and career aspirations.
- Interested to learn, grow and personally develop and keen to develop others.
- Ability to adjust personal style to suit different stakeholder environments.
- Degree educated. Further qualifications are desirable but essential.
- Proven experience of managing and delivering programmes/projects in technology-enabled change context.
- Proven experience to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality.
- Demonstrable structural, logical and creative problem solving providing compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrable consulting skills gained through previous consulting experience, working in pre-sales or working in industry on projects/programmes managing internal stakeholders.
- Excellent Ability to drive clarity whilst working in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent Ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and manage junior team members is essential.
- Ability to adapt approach to meet client needs and support them on the journey of change.
- Some experienced in delivering IT Strategy, IT Architecture and IT Operating model projects would be beneficial yet no essential.
- Professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, MSP, APM, ITIL, TOGAF, Lean or Six Sigma are beneficial yet not essential.
- Candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy