The Intermediate Process/Project Engineer will be responsible for using their knowledge and experience in the range of technical projects carried out by this department.
Reports to: Senior Process Engineer
Key relationships: VP Operations
- Provide process design assistance such as heat and mass balances, equipment layouts, equipment specifications.
- Prepare process flow diagrams and assist in the preparation of P&IDs.
- Maintain Malone Group engineering standards for the various projects.
- Work within the Malone Group project implementation software (PRISM) including document control protocols.
- Lead and check the preparation of technical specifications, equipment lists and material lists.
- Perform calculations and assessments as required. Assist more junior engineering staff to complete the same as necessary.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines both in Burlington and other Malone Group locations (Calgary, Ireland, UK) to coordinate technical information.
- Review and advise on technical documents submitted by vendors.
- Perform pump calculations, piping calculations, stress analyses and material selections.
- Assist in the identification and specification of instrumentation.
- Assist in the development of control narratives.
- Co-ordinate with drafters and designers executing process equipment and piping designs and provide technical expertise and guidance.
- HVAC and utility systems (boilers, chillers, air compressors, refrigeration) experience is an asset.
· Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree. Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario or EIT status and 5 + years’ experience.
· Registration or eligibility for registration in other provinces or states an asset.
· A strong background in engineering technology for industrial projects particularly chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, and food and beverage.
· Some experience with an engineering consulting practice is an asset but not mandatory.
· Must have experience working closely with clients on the design of facilities and systems.
· General knowledge of 3D software such as AutoPlant and SmartPlant and a good understanding of the requirements to manage the system and the team working in these platforms.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and MS Project).
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
· Ability to travel to clients’ sites and willingness to work at client sites as necessary. Driver’s license necessary.
· Flexibility to undertake other assignments such as proposal writing, cost estimating.