Rail / Tunnels
Location – Pontyclun
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced tunnels Project Manager to join our tunnels infrastructure/maintenance team in the Wales region, reporting to the Contracts Manager and leading the delivery of portfolio of varied tunnel maintenance schemes.”
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in all aspects of tunnel maintenance and upgrade projects. The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary tunnel projects across the UK with this vacancy specifically dedicated to works in the Wales region, whether one off tendered projects or projects within our long term framework / contract agreements with a key client.
This is an outstanding opportunity to make your mark as Project Manager with a distinct focus on delivering tunnel maintenance schemes in the Wales region in both enhancement and asset management frameworks. Maintenance activities within the framework are extremely varied and include but are not limited to brick work repair, painting, strengthening etc. Typically, these projects are quite low value but come in large volumes. The repairs are carried out in strict Network Rail possession environments and candidates for the position should be accustomed to working in this way on rail, tunnel maintenance projects/frameworks with the necessary skills and experience of planning and programming maintenance activities and associated possessions working on tunnel infrastructure / maintenance projects.
As Project Manager you will be directly responsible for the daily management of tunnel projects, leading successful contract delivery, by ensuring that the site team are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
Day to day responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Involvement/input in projects at all stages from pre-qualifying and tendering through to completion.
- Ensuring that the site team are fully apprised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Contract Quality/Environmental Plan
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Control and management of sub contract resources to the highest levels of safety, quality and efficiency.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that, in conjunction with the Project Delivery Team, changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Framework Manager.
- To identify business development opportunities.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Senior Agent or Project Manager working on rail tunnels projects/maintenance.
- PTS / SMSTS
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as a Senior Agent or Project Manager in a rail contracting environment.
- Experience in the rail industry working on tunnels associated projects
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence and waterways.
AmcoGiffen are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen family, please review the full Job Description attached and apply now!
Please contact for more information.