Ecologia, part of the RSK Group Ltd, is a multi-disciplinary, specialist contaminated land consultant / contractor that provides advice and undertakes site investigation and remediation projects across the UK and Europe.
Due to a continued increase in project referrals, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Environmental Claims team. Depending on experience the appointment may be made as Senior Project Manager (with additional responsibilities in IMS management and client development).
Project Manager / Senior Project Manager - Midlands (Stafford)
The position will be based at Ecologia’s Stafford office, working with a small team serving Environmental Claims projects across the Midlands. The primary role will be to develop and deliver our services in Environmental Claims, dealing with land-based oil spills and other incidents.
The appointed person will report to the Regional Manager and operate closely with our small team in Stafford.
Responsibilities will include
- Operation and financial management of the projects, delivering within budget and programme
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Contributing to continuous improvement programmes and maintaining a strong emphasis on project safety
- Working with a multi-skilled team nationally
- Management of sub-contractors
- Technical reviews
- Interpretative report writing
- Liaison and meetings with clients and regulatory authorities
- Experience of working with insurers and loss adjusters, managing commercial and domestic oil spills and with the ability to take projects from initial design stage through to implementation and completion
- Relevant scientific degree
- 4+ years experience in contaminated land/ remediation
- Experience of managing projects
- Flexible attitude to work
- Possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role
- The ability to work remotely, but as an effective member of a wider team, will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills. This role will require frequent travel within the Midlands.
- Chartership and wider expertise in contaminated land assessment and/or remediation will be viewed favourably.
- Full UK driving licence is essential
Salary and benefits
- £28-37,000 depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, cycle to work scheme and private health care
- A committed professional training and development strategy
- Vocational training to develop on the job skills
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Listed a being as one ofthe top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst)and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer