A new vacancy has arisen for a Project Manager in Silicon Sensing Systems Ltd (SSSL). Silicon Sensing is an established and successful high-tech MEMS inertial sensor and systems company with locations in the UK and Japan. It specialises in the development and manufacture of precision MEMS gyroscopes, accelerometers and inertial measurement units (IMUs) for the commercial, industrial and aerospace markets. Jointly owned by Collins Aerospace and Sumitomo Precision Products, the company was formed in 1999.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for the delivery of product development, production and capital projects in Plymouth and will need to work with SSSL's Japanese partners to coordinate projects with Japan.
- Planning, initiation and management of engineering projects for Product Development and Production Engineering
- Management and progress monitoring of the project through the full lifecycle from concept to the production line
- Monitoring and reporting of key project metrics and milestone completion
- Management of project risks and linkage to business risk management process
- Ownership of project business case and objectives, to ensure the business benefits are defined and met
- Creation and management of project plans incorporating product development and test
- Ensuring the effective integration of various functional teams including Design, Production and Suppliers
- Building and maintaining effective external relationships through strong interpersonal skills across cultural boundaries, especially with Japanese partners both verbally and written
Skills and Experience:
- Project Management experience with a track record of managing Product Development projects from concept to start of production and beyond.
- Strong communicator with experience of project managing within matrix or function-oriented organisations.
- Ideally degree qualified in Business/Project Management or an Engineering discipline.
- In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.