Our company is MMX Communications Services Limited, we specialise in the design, build, and support of mission critical fixed/mobile telecommunications networks within the telecommunications, utilities, petrochemical, transport, and government technology sectors. We are market leaders in the design and delivery of integrated value-adding logistics and service solutions for some of the most demanding, blue-chip telecoms companies. Our business is founded on strong project management and engineering skills, enabling us to address projects ranging from simple supply of installation services through to turnkey provision of multi-million-pound integrated systems.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join our busy teams in both Livingston and Solihull. These are key roles within MMX managing complex telecom projects, within a multi-vender environment within the Utility, Offshore, Oil and Gas and Mission Critical market sectors. The successful applicants will be required to take financial and technical responsibility for the implementation of multiple Projects from concept to completion ensuring that assigned projects are completed on time, within scope, to appropriate quality standards and within budget. Projects can vary in duration and complexity ranging from a few days to in excess of five years.
Other Project Manager duties will include:
- Pre-sales support to business development as required. implementation of allocated Projects on receipt from Sales Handover through to Customer Acceptance in line with the MMX Project Management Process, including but not limited to:
- Agreeing and documenting project objectives and representing the client's and MMX interests during all phases of a project in a fair, equitable and robust manner.
- Providing advice on the management of projects and organising resources working on a project both permanent and contractors
- Managing project risks and issues and maintaining logs, carrying out and approval of risk assessment and method statements
- Liaison with suppliers and contractors
- Generation of documentation for and co-ordination of, (with attendance where appropriate), Factory and/or Site Acceptance Testing with Customer(s), ensuring that all the aims of each project are met
- Raising purchase orders and monitoring deliveries, planning for onward delivery of customer goods and installation materials to field staff and approval of supplier invoices for accounts payable
- Overseeing project accounting, costing and invoicing and approving MMX time against projects
- Act as a technology interface with both customer and internal staff, able to engage with both at a detailed technical level.
- Manage the day-to-day resourcing issues relating to on-site installation and commissioning of our products and services,
- Assist business development staff with technical design solutions and statements-of-compliance in response to customer specifications.
- Provide Monthly Reports on Projects, including attendance at Contract Review Meetings internally and externally
- Be cognisant of the Company’s responsibilities under the CDM (2015) Regulations.
- Foster strong working relationships with Suppliers and Customers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five years’ experience in delivering projects, at least two as Project Manager in complex technical environments
- Experience of running telecommunications projects, preferably in utilities, Oil & Gas industries a distinct advantage
- Experience of running projects within the PRINCE 2 framework
- Knowledge of UK Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and Security legislation, including CDM Regulations
- Maintain and hold MOD and Police Clearances and other clearances as required.
Strictly NO Agencies Closing date 1st March 2019