Manchester City Council is the local government authority for Manchester, a city and metropolitan borough in Greater Manchester. It is composed of 96 councillors, three for each of the 32 electoral wards of Manchester. Currently the council is controlled by the Labour Party and is led by Sir Richard Leese.
As an employer we are always seeking to develop and build on the benefits package based on what our people are asking for. The below provides an overview of some of the benefits we offer :
- Local Government Pension scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Discounted travel scheme
- 25 days paid annual leave initially, increasing to 30 after 5 years service
- MCC Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career development and succession opportunities
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for developing, managing and successfully delivering multiple complex, high valued and strategic projects concurrently, to time, budget and quality.
- Plan, monitor and report on projects, including delivery timescales, milestones and resource allocation effectiveness.
- Adhere to key project elements, product specifications, agreed timescales, project costs, product quality.
- Use ServiceNow ITBM to manage and report on the progress of each project.
- Undertake effective stakeholder management with programme managers and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strong leadership to project resources, framework partners and consultants, defining work, ensuring deadlines are understood and adhered to and that the project objectives are clearly articulated and understood.
- Be responsible for the management of team members through matrix management of a delivery team. Negotiate and manage key suppliers.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of the following:
- Minimum of five years project management experience
- Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering multiple highly complex and high value projects concurrently on time on budget to the right quality.
- Evidence of working on projects involving data migration, software development, and technology that enables business transformation.
- Demonstrable evidence of continuous achievement of key deliverables
- PRINCE 2 practitioner or equivalent project management qualification
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management Governance and Assurance Excellent project planning and control skills to track and realise project outputs
- Excellent financial planning and control skills to forecast and track project budgets
- Proven experience of managing and mitigating risk Demonstrable evidence of strategic thinking beyond one's own areas of specialism.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of well developed communication and relationship skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Effective people management skills providing both strong leadership and direction to the project teams that you manage and robust line management
- Experience using ServiceNow ITBM (PPM) or other ppm tooling
- APM (PMQ and/or PPQ)
- Previous Public Sector experience