This leading Telecoms company have a vacancy for a Project Manager.
The role is based at their Wigan site but there are opportunitites to travel to their customers through out the UK.
The role will suit someone who has Project Management experience in either an IT or Telecoms environment.
The purpose of the role will be to:
- Accept project installations in accordance with operational company policies and procedures.
- Conduct and communicating health and safety risk assessments
- Produce and communication on site method statements
- Arrange and co-ordinating project initiation meetings, ensuring that the relevant parties are in attendance and that the agenda covers all project requirements.
- Create and communicating detailed project plans, SOWs and PIDs
- Select and scheduling the appropriate quantity and skill of technical resource
- Submit part order requests to the Logistics manager accurately, using the appropriate systems and within appropriate timescales.
- Effectively managing the installation team including, Senior Technicians, Technicians, Apprentices and where applicable sub-contractors and other third party vendors.
- Clearly communicating project plans and work instructions via cases and work orders.
- Negotiating with sub-contractor, suppliers and third party vendors when necessary.
- Proactively monitoring project progress and amending project plans and SOWs when necessary and providing project update reports to the Head of Operations and Head of Finance at the required frequency
- Making site progress visits and holding progress review meetings as and when required
- Effectively controlling overtime to ensure labour allocations are in line with the projects costings
- Producing quotations for contract variations and ensuring that orders for variations are received before proceeding with any variation works
- Creating accurate and detailed system documentation packs sharing these with other stakeholders within the organisation.
- Maintaining real time records via the organisation’s CRM system
- Creating Handover Certificates and ensuring that these are received back signed upon physical completion of the project
- Arranging support handover of recently completed project installations to the Head of Technical Services and the Head of Support Services.
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Providing training, coaching and professional development to members of the team in order to enhance their knowledge and skills as and when required.
- Completing required training for the post and striving to meet development objectives.
- Maintaining any technical or professional qualifications required for the post.
For a full jobspec please apply ASAP