We are seeking a dynamic project manager for a well-established defence customer. You are required to ensure that all time, cost and quality requirements are met or exceeded. Maintaining control of a portfolio of projects, as well as planning and controlling each to meet customer requirements, you will lead the assigned staff and sub-contractors as well as preparing project plans with key milestones and co-ordinating the overall project documentation in accordance with defined practices and procedures. Above all you will have the ability to contribute to all stages of the project lifecycle, including requirements capture and analysis, high level solution design and support to both technical and commercial reviews.
The candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing successful projects in a range of different environments – displaying a pragmatic blend of decision-making and stakeholder collaboration;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to ensure the effective and cohesive functioning of a geographically distributed project team;
- A strong track record of establishing client relationships with strong customer satisfaction;
- Evidence of the ability to report clearly on events both verbally and in the written form – both positive and negative;
- Excellent presentational skills and grasp of how to chair effective meetings;
- A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Demonstrable expertise in contract management, project management processes and applicable evidence of successful Risk Management techniques;
- Clear commercial awareness
- A full driving licence and be willing to travel.
The successful candidate will have, or be in a position to qualify for, security clearance
MASS is an equal opportunities employer