|To act as the Business & Project Manager to define / plan small to medium sized contracts or packages as part of larger contracts within the relevant sector, against business plan targets through rigorous application of project management processes. Manage stakeholder interfaces, including Customers, where appropriate and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of contract performance. The role may also involve activities related to the winning of new and follow-on business.|
- Lead the multi-disciplinary Project Business Team (PBT).
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the customer and other external agencies.
- Define and maintain the Project Management Plan, including definition of work breakdown structure, cost collection structure and lower level management plans.
- Establish and implement effective project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms on achievement of the programme and budgets.
- Generation and implementation of programme business improvement and competitiveness strategies.
- Ensure that contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in accordance with the defined management plans.
- Manage and control contract cost at completions and cash flow, maximising margin and agreeing margin adjustment criteria.
- Prepare and maintain contract risk and opportunity optimisation plans associated manage the associated contingency budgets.
- Ensure robust workload forecasts are available for the Project / Sector and that these are in line with project plans and long-term business plans.
- Prepare and present reports covering business performance for area(s) of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate interfaces with internal functions and directorates.
- Support the B&PM Exec and sector B&PM team on the commercial and legal integrity of contracts with the customer and effective management of the supply base.
- Ensure that all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and that compliance can be demonstrated.
- Work as part of the bid team with Sales and Business Development in the winning of new domestic and export Contracts.
|Skills and Knowledge:|
- You will need to be eligible for Developed Vetting (DV) UK Security Clearance (most comprehensive UK government security clearance process).
- Strong project and risk management skills and knowledge.
- Sound business judgement.
- Technical appreciation of complex problems.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Demonstrable management experience, covering financial, commercial, engineering and project areas.
|Problem Solving Challenges|
- Managing across international and functional boundaries, balancing technical excellence with business needs.
- Identifying and resolving conflicts on resource priority with other projects.
- Management of change within project teams.
- Encouraging open and honest communications between team members.
- Improving consistency of bids and proposals.
- Business Plan targets and stretch targets achieved.
- Control of Project Cost at Completion.
- Contract margin improvement achieved.
- Review mechanisms and processes established and communicated.
- Risks registers completed, understood and mitigation launched.
- Opportunities registered and benefits realised.
- Topical and accurate workload forecast maintained for area.
- Strong relationships developed with Stakeholders including Customer(s).
- Proposals for new contracts successfully approved.
|Why Work for MBDA:|
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
|Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.|
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)