Are you an experienced Project Manager who wants to manage medium to large complex projects across multiple geographies and multiple platforms?
Are you looking for a more local role? We are based in Basildon, and are a global company with fantastic benefits and development opportunities. This is a fantastic time to join and work with a variety of highly regarded clients to deliver complex projects within a growing 'FinTech' organisation.
Scope of Role:
Reporting to the Programme Director, the role of Project Manager is to scope, plan and deliver projects and initiatives to meet specified business needs, controlling resources from several areas (and potentially third parties) to achieve agreed cost, time and quality objectives.
The Project Manager has the overall accountability and responsibility for the progress and successful delivery of the project effort.
· During project planning, this function is responsible for:-
· Defining the project brief
· Setting client expectations in respect of deliverables, plans and management of the project.
· Establishing an appropriate project governance structure, in line with FD’s programme/project methodology /governance
· Assisting the Client and Sponsor to obtain authorisations and sign-offs on the Business Case
· Documenting the overall project approach, including the phasing strategy and build versus buy options
· Developing estimates of resources, costs and durations and based on these, creating a high-level project schedule and requesting appropriate resources
· Facilitating the development of all elements of the project plans and schedule according to the project brief, i.e. plans for scope, schedule, budget, change management, issues, risk, procurement, testing, training, communication and transition to BAU. Agree plans with all relevant stakeholders
· Ensuring that any impacts of the project on business processes and business continuity are assessed and continually monitored as the project develops
Execution and Control:
· Managing, maintaining and tracking the overall project plan, controls, budget and work assignments according to established First Data governance
· Reporting project status (schedule, cost, benefit, risk, issues and scope) to all stakeholders on a regular basis
· Organising and facilitating appropriate level of governance meetings, to discuss status reports, provide structured escalation path and determine corrective or preventive actions
· Managing project risks and issues, ensuring that project team members are actively involved in the identification and where appropriate the ownership of risks, initiating corrective action where necessary
· Ensuring that project team members are accurately recording their time spent on project tasks and thus tracking budget accurately
· Building and maintaining a cohesive cross organisation/company project team ethos and fostering productive working relationships, optimally assigning tasks to team members
· Ensuring the development and approval of all deliverables
· Refining resource, cost and duration estimates as the project progresses, ensuring that requests for resources for each phase are supplied sufficiently early to enable them to be secured when needed
· Managing proposed changes in scope, schedule or budget with key stakeholders relaying any impact to cost, schedule or scope and providing a recommended course of action.
· Scheduling, managing and participating in key quality reviews and developing action plans to resolve issues arising
· Organising, leading, and motivating a matrix team of FD SME’s and potentially 3rd party resources
· Maintaining a dialogue with PMO to ensure that defined project processes are followed and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner
· Ensuring a clean, structured and fully supported transition to BAU
· Providing out of hours cover over implementation weekends when Project goes live
Closeout and Transition:
· Obtaining approval from the sponsor that the acceptance criteria have been met
· Confirming that the project’s objectives have been achieved
· Confirming that all outstanding risks and issues have been accepted by the sponsor
· Performing comparisons of estimated and actual costs and completing financial closeout
· Facilitating the project evaluation and obtaining approval to closeout the project, documented within end project report
· Performing contract and project closeout activities, and archiving project information. Where applicable conducting a formal Lessons Learned session and publishing results to all stakeholders
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who has worked on projects of medium to large scale. You will have excellent relationship building and communication skills as well as someone who prides themselves on business acumen. You don't necessarily need any technical knowledge but will need knowledge of Project Management tools.
· Significant proven Project Management experience preferably gained within the Consumer Finance industry
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills and English proficiency.
· History of matrix-managing others for the successful completion of a medium to large projects. Having managed full lifecycle projects with inter-dependent or direct resources
· Ability to facilitate meetings, reviews, and workshops involving internal and external participants.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Ability to travel.
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
· Enthusiasm and innovation to motivate others.
· Determination and drive to continually follow-up and validate information.
· In-depth understanding of business processes within Client portfolio.
· Ability to plan and monitor an entire programme consisting of multiple endpoints.
· Self-driven individual with the ability to coach individuals and lead a process of knowledge transfer and mentoring.
About First Data
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conducting commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year.
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, Frist Data can provide you with exciting challenges and opportunities to develop.
Please apply to see how you can take your career beyond with First Data.
First Data is a family friendly employer, committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusivity. We welcome conversations with all applicants about how we can help you progress your career at First Data.