What you’ll be doing...
Our Professional Services Unified Communications Team is offering a Level 4 Project Management Apprenticeship working as a Project Coordinator. The Verizon Professional Services Advanced Communications organization is responsible for providing project management for customers across our UCC solutions. This exciting opportunity will provide project management support to the programme Team delivering complex customer projects to ensure the programme is accomplished to the satisfaction of the customer.
The Level 4 Project Management Apprenticeship will cover the founding principles of Project Management including business case appraisals, Agile project management, planning risk and quality, running and managing a project and project communications and stakeholder management.
Your training will directly support your role and you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Project Managers within a programme of multiple projects for the customer.
- Coordinating communication between project managers, the customer and third party vendors.
- Taking the lead on handling any project related administration including:
- Attending on-site & customer meetings
- Supporting the programme team in programme and project tracking
- Maintaining programme and project controls
- Supporting the programme and Project Managers in the maintenance of the project schedules and plans
- Delivering project status reporting
- Performing Time and Cost Tracking for the Project Managers and programme team
- Assisting project managers in being a point of contact for any queries
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
What we’re looking for...
You have a flexible and dynamic approach, are highly organized, positive and proactive. You’re able to juggle different demands and meet deadlines with good attention to detail.
You need to have:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Confidence in liaising with multiple partners, including stakeholders and senior project management.
Good knowledge of IT and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.