- Requisition ID: 222903, Project HR Manager
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Project: NS&E UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The job is likely to be executed through an NEC3/NEC4 target cost reimbursable/incentive fee contract.
The Project HR Manager will have a direct reporting line to the Commercial Business Manager and a matrix reporting line to the GBU’s HR Functional Management.
- Accountable to meet the HR needs of approximately 75 professionals across all functions.
- Co-ordinates recruitment initiatives to ensure the project team is fully resourced at all times through;
- Optimization of staff requisitioning and recruitment processes for optimal agility
- Close liaison with personnel security management function for clearances
- Development of links with local academic institutions
- Development of / management in accordance with a sustainable staffing strategy that evolves the balance of resourcing from between travelling/local basis and agency/permanent basis - etc
- Accountable for commercial normalization of dealings with suppliers of agency personnel
- Accountable for development of / justification for bespoke project detached duty terms and conditions that meet the specific needs of the project and of the staff assigned to the project
- Provides continuity and identity for the deployed Bechtel project team in order to remain connected with the Bechtel, including;
- Active participation at staff all hands meetings
- Advocating for 100% compliance in internal training and development
- Assisting project leadership team in personal development planning for members of the project team
- Leading a controlled offboarding and release process to ensure maximum retention levels for personnel completing their assignments to the project
- Plans, organizes and implements the project’s human resources activity; evaluates progress of all human resources activities, reports results and makes modification as required.
- Plans and supports Talent Acquisition with staffing activities which include assisting new hires and transfers in relocating and settling into the area; and administering employee transfer policy.
- Supports new hires, incoming transfers, transfers to other locations and terminations; prepares human resources status documents; maintains necessary human resources records for project employee files.
- Aids project management in identifying training and development needs; either conducts or arranges for employee and supervisory training programs.
- Counsels project management on implementation of salary plan and merit review procedure
- Defines and recommends organizational objectives, specific short-term and long-range plans; monitors progress to assure work objectives are attained and schedules are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to line management and to employees regarding the interpretation and intent of Bechtel human resources policies and practices.
- As the HR organsiation grows to meet programme needs, responsible to direct the personnel administration for the project’s HR team, including, but not limited to, the followin
- Forecasts staffing requirements
- Prepares annual salary plan
- Assigns and evaluates work
- Conducts employee performance evaluations
- Recommends personnel actions
- Directs employee selection, training and development
- Develops, implements and monitors project’s Affirmative Action Plan and Equal Employment policies if required.
- Provides assistance to project management in the creation and maintenance of good employee relations; implements employee communications programs.
- Degree, or Post graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management, Psychology or related discipline.
- Chartered Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
Experience in two or more Human Resources disciplines (Compensation, EEO, Employment, Training & Development, Project HR, etc.).
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organizational structure, human resources policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resources administration.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions and determining action to be performed on problems affecting personnel administration.
- Skill in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports.
- Significant HR leadership experience on nuclear and/or defence projects
- Experience in the direction, personnel administration and training of professional and administrative personnel.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.