Project Engineer – Roads/Drainage
Kier Strategic Highways is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join the Highways England Area 3 contract.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
To assist delivery of Highway Team, Road Renewals and/or LNMS projects to programme/budget and assist the Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer in development of specific components of a project. To support the Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer and Project Manager in the efficient working of the team.
- Carry out investigations, inspections, surveys, studies and draft reports on identified problems and options for solution.
- Prepare specifications, schedules and drawings.
- Prepare calculations and designs in accordance with relevant standards, codes of Practice and DfT standards.
- Prepare tender/contract documentation necessary for Managed and Provider works projects.
- Supervise the work of junior staff within the team and support their personal development.
- Liaise with other teams and other senior staff in co-ordination of works.
- Liaise with the Police, Local highway Authority, Statutory Undertakers and other bodies as required.
- Assist with project administration and control, including monitoring of costs and programme.
- Assist with the identification of programme delivery, resources and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with the Information Management System.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations and EM CDM procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety in the workplace, as set out in the EM Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Appropriate level of experience of working within a Civil Engineering design environment, preferably on a high speed Network.
- Experience of surface water drainage design on SRN
- Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in relevant design packages ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, WINDES or MX advantageous.
- Good communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.