Fugro currently has the following office based vacancy based in Aberdeen:
Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain large structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Working around the globe, predominantly in energy and infrastructure markets, we employ approximately 10,000 employees in around 65 countries.
Fugro Aberdeen is at the heart of Fugro’s drive for innovation and delivery of excellence in subsea engineering. From Aberdeen our engineers are tasked with supporting our regional operations with innovative solutions primarily for our IRM and ROV operations.
Fugro provides a collaborative and friendly team working environment to allow our employees to flourish. Our employees are provided with opportunities to develop their careers within a dynamic, fast paced operational environment.
Following a growing demand in project support requirements, Fugro is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join the Subsea Engineering Department. The Project Engineer is a varied and challenging position and is a key role during both the project preparation and offshore execution phases of the project. You will work in a team to develop technically sound methodologies for assigned scopes and take ownership of them through to delivery.
This role would suit you if:
· You want to be part of a great team;
· You enjoy a varied and challenging work environment;
· You are willing to work offshore;
· You have previous engineering experience on a variety of subsea engineering or IRM projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible to deliver packages of work for engineering activities and technical assurance as agreed with Subsea Engineering Manager / Project Managers;
- Preparation of engineering / project deliverables such as offshore procedures, reports, manuals, test procedures, lift plans etc.;
- Visit operational sites (onshore and offshore) on an ad hoc basis at critical / key project milestones as agreed with the Project / Engineering Manager;
- Develop and coordinate subsea engineering equipment designs and deliverables for various work packages including work associated with feasibility, conceptual and front-end engineering studies;
- Prepare and co-ordinate CTRs and report progress in line with project schedules;
- To identify and advise the Project / Engineering Manager of all technical issues pertinent to the subsea engineering performance of the project.
- Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Structural Engineering or Marine related subject OR HNC / HND qualification and relevant work experience;
- Familiarity with subsea / IRM / ROV / marine operations;
- Experience of offshore assignments related to subsea operations;
- Basic working knowledge of CAD;
- Knowledge of offshore lifting practices;
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Live within commuting distance to Aberdeen;
- Willingness to travel as and when required including overseas and offshore on ad-hoc basis.
- Relevant post graduate degree, i.e. MSc in Subsea Engineering or Project Management;
- Membership of Engineering Institution or working towards Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer registration;
- Knowledge of ROVs & ROV tooling;
- Experience in the development and testing of new engineering designs & equipment;
- Knowledge of decommissioning operations and regulatory requirements.
To make an application, please click the ‘Apply’ button above.
Closing date for applications is 11th November 2019.