Do you have proven experience of Horizon scanning and business case development to help deliver large-scale engineering construction projects?
Viridor is one of the UK'S leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Project Development Manager to join our team based in our Rochester regional office, which is located nearby our state-of-the-art Rochester plastics and mixed materials recycling facility. This role will also involve UK travel to other locations across the country.
The Project Development Manager will plan and manage a range of business development projects from concept stage (including horizon scanning) through to board approval. These projects respond to the strategic improvement, optimisation and growth opportunities in our Recycling business function. This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Strategic Projects Development Team, where we are re-defining what it means to recycle through our action in the recycled polymers market where we are giving single use plastic a new life and cutting energy by at least 50%.
As such, we are looking for a Project Development Manager who is as passionate as we are about recycling and is keen to pave a way to maintain Viridor's industry leadership in circular economy through their commercial appreciation of engineering.
The Project Development Manager will manage and lead the development of all aspects of the business cases for strategic projects from the concept phase throughout the development phase and will be responsible for obtaining approval from the Project Steerco Committee and Viridor's Leadership Management at their official meetings. As a result, you'll need to be well-experienced in managing various stakeholders at every part of the project process and have an engaging and charismatic demeanour. This will mean being flexible to any last-minute changes in the development of projects and being proactive and able to communicate complex ideas in a way that is commercially attractive.
Our Ideal Project Development Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering.
- Track record of managing and delivering projects from concept phase and project approval (business case development and approval), to commissioning, testing and handover (whilst meeting cost, quality and time parameters) in the waste management industry or a related field.
- Strong commercial knowledge of construction contracts, NEC3/4 and IChemE forms of contraction.
- A strong commercial flair and proactive attitude towards problem solving and stakeholder management.
- Full UK driving licence.
Examples of similar strategic projects the you will be responsible for developing and managing:
- Viridor is developing a 65m plastics recycling plant powered by waste at Avonmouth
- Viridor is investing £15.4 million in its Masons Materials Recycling Facility (MRF), near Ipswich, to modernise the plant and increase sorting capacity
To view the role profile which outlines the person specification and full list of responsibilities, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits