What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
We’re looking for a Project Cost Engineers to join our Project Controls Team, within the Finance and Business Management Function. As a Project Cost Engineer, you’ll be tasked to deliver a first-class cost engineering service to projects within the company.
You’ll be an integral part of our Project Controls Team, responsible for contributing to the production of project budgets, monthly cost reports, cost forecasts, assessments of value of work in progress and supplier value of work done. You’ll also have input into the investment approval and change control process, risk and opportunity process and peer reviews.
Location – Reading area
Package – Salary based on experience
Successful applicants for the Project Cost Engineer role will have:
· Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice cost engineering processes and tools including;
· Budget production and baseline maintenance
· Cost Forecasting
· Change Control
· Variance Analysis
· Cost and Performance Reporting
· Knowledge and experience of forms of contract Eg NEC3
· Knowledge and experience of working with Earned Value Management (EVM) processes and techniques
· Good communication skills including networking, influencing and stakeholder management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring
Opportunities will also exist to gain experience of Project Planning utilising Primavera as AWE’s primary project scheduling tool as well as Project Controls Management.
· Preferred - degree or HND/HNC in appropriate business or technical discipline or equivalent experience
· Association of Project Management qualification (e.g. APM - Practitioner)
· Membership or working towards membership of relevant professional body (Eg Association of cost engineers - ACostE)
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.