American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing registrations, event databases and delegate management
- Assisting the team with the day-to-day operation of events, including:
- venue research and negotiating with suppliers
- organising site visits
- client & delegate liaison
- liaison with hotel, ground agents, travel department, suppliers
- event documentation (planners, checklists, event schedules, reporting, etc)
- on-site delegate materials
- on-site staff arrangements
- assisting in reconciling events
- managing flights for the attendees
- supporting the Project Manager with financial elements for the meetings
- Assisting on the preparation of detailed client proposals
Skills and background required
- Excellent organisational skills with some experience in the events industry necessary
- Excellent communication skills as will work with colleagues on projects who are based at other offices
- Good keyboard and computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of delegate registration websites is desirable
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to be process driven and work to key deadlines as part of SLA’s
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Flexibility to work long hours and occasional weekends
- Willingness to travel in the UK / Internationally, spending regular time away from home
- Languages are not necessary but would be advantageous
This is a full time, permanent position, based in our York office. Salary depending on experience.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.