Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Technology is central to everything we do and as such we have invested heavily in our in-house development teams who deliver industry leading, web-based solutions. The development teams use some of the latest web technologies working on Greenfield projects and applying modern development practices. All projects are run using Agile methodologies. Our proactive Delivery manager will be working with our cross-functional teams to deliver and improve a range of new & exciting products. You will be responsible for the management of end to end delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects and initiatives.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of projects within agreed timescales and scope, in collaboration with Product Management
- Owning the delivery roadmap and reporting progress to all relevant stakeholders
- Managing progress and providing visibility of delivery team commitments
- Responsible for building a trusting environment where the emphasis is on conflict resolution, problem solving, and continuous improvement
- Organising and prioritising delivery work items through a Delivery roadmap and Project Plans
- Facilitating effective communication through team planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Ensuring consistency in the delivery of recurring Agile ceremonies for all delivery teams
- Providing best practice and agreed framework for Agile delivery, and where relevant, conducting Agile ceremonies
- Removing impediments and blockers and resolves complex problems
- Applying the appropriate Agile methodologies to suit the team and delivery requirements
- Helping teams to track key metrics for continuous improvement (velocity, cycle time, throughput) and planning of large scale workstreams
- Ensuring Product Management achieve its measure of 2 sprints ahead for delivery
- Providing input and helping keep JIRA up to date, supporting Leadership teams to organise and delivery in a timely manner
- Owning or supporting Product Managers in managing customer expectations and project deliverables
- Ensuring delivery activities / project gateways are understood and met, such as CRM setup, training, demos, release notes and more
- Working with the Product Managers to ensure the key stakeholders are aware of their impending deliveries
- To ensure all their projects are reliably and consistently scoped, estimated, reviewed and approved
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clarity of Communication (Precise, Succinct, Effective)
- Highly organised and able to manage individual workload
- Team Player
- Work Flexibility / Adaptability
- Natural Leader
- Takes the Initiative
- Fun / Raise Company Morale
- Experience of delivery using a broad range of Agile practices
- Ability to handle multiple conflicting requirements
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum and/or other Agile methodologies
- Experience in supporting a team to deliver increments of working software in a regular sprint cycle
- Desirable to have Agile certification
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent in subject area
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training