Requisition ID: 228691
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Project No.: [[cust_projectNumber]]
- Grade: 28-29
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? Yes
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The job is likely to be executed through an NEC3/NEC4 target cost reimbursable/incentive fee contract.
- Works at the PMO level and leads a team of approximately 12 Project Controls professionals distributed between PMO, central and project roles.
- Responsible for effective execution of the Project Controls program in accordance with Bechtel Group, Inc. and applicable GBU Project Controls Department Procedures.
- Responsible for confirming maturity of information products used to construct the performance management baseline, formalizing the baseline and controlling to the baseline.
- Reviews and approves all project financial calculations and reporting.
- Plans staffing needs for the project.
- Reviews contract drafts for adequacy of cost and scope definition and Project Controls requirements. Coordinates development of all data in support of negotiations.
- Prepares, coordinates, and directs Project Controls presentations to Bechtel and client management, as required.
- Participates in the development and training of assigned personnel and the implementation of on-the-job and classroom training programs.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews and career counseling. Interviews candidates for employment and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Directs project control activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
- Prepares the Project Controls Plan for the project.
- Maintains liaison with GBU functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
- Provides structured leadership and guidance for the overall execution of Project Execution Risk Management (PERM) activities. Provides project leaders and relevant stakeholders with risk awareness support and guidance as necessary.
- Provides oversight, training, mentoring, and ensure capability of Project Risk Coordinator(s) and Project Risk Specialist(s) in conducting PERM activities towards the attainment of project objectives.
- Develops and maintains project Risk Management Plan (RMP), metrics, and reports. Develops and reviews risk breakdown structures, risk libraries, and risk identification tools and frameworks in support of project needs.
- Provides leadership in terms of integrating the risk management process with other key project procedures (e.g. Change Management, Forecasting, Cost, Trends, and Claims and support corporate, GBU, commercial group, and functional stakeholders in managing enterprise level PERM activities as required.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the analysis of specially assigned risk initiatives or work planning requiring detailed risk development, assessment, and response planning efforts.
- Will have gained experience across multiple projects in project controls roles of progressively more responsibility and across multiple project controls sub-functions.
- Experience working as a PCM on at least one major project throughout the lifecycle: concept, preliminary design, detailed design, construction, start-up and handover.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- The candidate will have extensive experience as a PCM, including on;
- At least one major infrastructure project of £100M capital value following an EPC/EPCM model
- At least one major project in UK nuclear and/or defence sector
- Taking projects through Initial Gate and Main gate scrutiny and approvals
- Exposure to managing design and construction contractors via NEC3/4 form of contract
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, control, and analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory, and personnel administrative functions.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls information to management and to the client.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Expert level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
- Demonstrated expertise in delivery, communication, and training of risk processes and procedures.
- Proven track record of successful project controls delivery across scheduling, cost engineering, cost estimating and risk management – and full exposure to project business case scrutiny processes and UK project controls practices (EVMS, MDAL, CDAL, confidence modelling, etc.).
- Experienced in implementing change management systems that compliment contractual arrangements.
- Experienced in the application of BI Analytics to deliver management information across a programme.
- APM / PMI qualifications or similar.
- Expert capabilities in the use of the various PERM tools and methods including use of Active Risk Manager (ARM) software, @RISK, and Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA) and/or Acumen Risk and including risk statement drafting, preparation of treatment plans, and providing written risk analysis and reports for Senior Management levels.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC--Security Clearance
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.