We are seeking a highly experienced Project Controls Manager to join our growing team to be based at our EMEA Head office, located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. The successful candidate will partner with our Pharmaceutical based clients to apply their project controls and Management experience as it specifically relates to cost and schedule.
- Manages, revises, and maintains the status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
- Tracks and analyses the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts.
- The analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
- Participates in the development and improvement of project control systems.
- Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
- Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections. Works within the Clients Project Management team and manages the overall project costs.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Remains at the forefront of new and emerging industry practices and the potential application on client engagements.
- Maintains effective communication between project team members and key stakeholders including the client, consultants, contractors, and public entities.
- Effectively facilitates team and client meetings, acting as chair as appropriate.
- Holds regular status meetings with the project team.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Ideal candidates will possess 10+ years of Pharmaceutical project experience Managing program controls and scheduling.
- Proficiency in enterprise Portfolio Scheduling Software tools such as Oracle Primavera P3/P6 scheduling software.
- Proficiency with MS Project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is preferred
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,400 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.