Programme Manager- UK
Reporting to a senior Program Manager, the position of Programme Manager requires an emotionally resilient
individual with a proven track record of managing complex projects from concept to completion. They will be
responsible for managing one or more key customer focused programs through their whole life cycle seeking
support from the Program Manager where necessary.
-Program Management – Developing strategies, objectives and plans to meet customer and internal milestones
with 100% DDC. Leading some customer and in-house programme reviews where appropriate and supporting
the PM where necessary. Where applicable and requested by the PM, provide support in the program
management activities such as demand consolidation and validation, provision review, engineering allocation
follow up, Configuration Control Board etc.
-Customer Relationship Management – Maintaining the customer interface and reporting on progress.
Managing site support and customer reports. Ensuring that engineering are maintaining requirements
management through interface control documents, coordination memos and specifications.
-Program Risk Management – Developing and maintaining pro-active risk management of milestones and
technical performance in line with company processes.
-Sales and Contract Management – Support the PM in its responsibility to coordinate with the commercial
program team member to ensure contracts are in place maintained and respected. Support the PM to develop
the business and put in place any contract modification. Support the PM in the coordination of bids and
proposal, claims analysis …
-Business Plan Management – Supporting the PM in monitoring and maintaining the approved business model,
including non-recurring costs, unit recurring costs, resource utilisation, Capital Expenditure and provisions.
Supporting the PM in developing ongoing cost out plans through design changes and sourcing strategies in line
with the goals of the business.
-Project coordination :
Engineering projects coordination
– Ensure the engineering organization manage its projects in accordance with the program needs and use the application of their design process steps from prototype and concept phases through development and qualification, applying DFSS and DFM/DFA, and ensuring cost, weight, performance and reliability targets are met. Ensure that engineering use FRACAS to monitor failures and corrective actions. Leading and organising problem resolution where necessary and ensuring correct
resources are applied to solve technical problem.
Additional description Industrial projects coordination
– Ensure that the industrialization organization and the supply chain team manage its industrialization or cost reduction projects in accordance with the program needs and ensure all aspects of module build readiness, manufacturing engineering, tooling, product industrialization and the design,build and commissioning of production test equipment and rigs are in place. Working with the Supply Chain program team member to ensure the correct application of Production Readiness into the supply chain and manage the flow down of appropriate contract requirements and penalties to suppliers. Ensure performance is
monitored against requirements and effective corrective action taken where needed.
In service readiness project coordination
– Ensure that in service organization manage its projects in accordance with the program needs.
OE and Aftermarket Management
– Supporting the PM in monitoring and controlling the OE, MRO and spares production/repair flow, Nil Hour Return. Ensure Operations / supply chain are working together to manage the inventory velocity, ensure OTD and avoid shortages.
– Support the PM to coordinate the quality action plans for the program, such as root cause analysis and corrective action processes, joint investigations etc..
Candidate skills & requirements
- Substantial Project / Programme management experience in an engineering environment. Must be experienced in managing customer facing projects.
-Substantial experience in the aerospace industry, working with major air-framers and/or airlines
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Emotionally resilient and able to drive programs effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment,
-Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
-Strong influencing skills to ensure key deliverables are met.
-Demonstrated Problem Solving skills.
- Degree qualified or equivalent, ideally within a technical discipline
- Travel will be a part of this role
- Our client offers a good basic salary + bonus + private health & dental + pension.
If you are interested in this role as a Programme Manager, please click on the apply button and send us your CV"
You can also contact our office on +35393 41932 "If you would like to learn more about our company please visit our website www.bdr.ie