Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity that would require travel, on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary with excellent additional benefits.
At Convergence, our vision is clear: we want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. We understand that communications are as essential to business today as power, water or gas. Connectivity isn’t about LAN, WAN, Internet or Voice, it’s about connecting users and devices to the applications and services they need.
We earn the trust of our partners and regulators every day by delivering superior service through superior people and processes. No-matter your need you can trust Convergence Group to deliver connectivity you can rely on – we’re Connectivity-as-a-Service and our people. If you have the no nonsense, agile approach to match our DNA, then this is the role for you.
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bonus Opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance (medical, mental, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Purpose of the role:
- To support the internal business to deliver successful PRINCE 2 programmes in line with best practice.
- Advise the customer on all aspects of the programmes and deliver in line with expected timelines.
- Liaise and support all internal business units to identify possible RISKS and GAPS.
- Work with and manage all key stakeholders, working closely to deliver the overall programme benefits.
- To manage the project team to deliver against business & stakeholder objectives
Responsible for delivering all programmes that span externally or and internally, working with all stakeholders to deliver the overall programme requirements.
- Specific duties include planning and execution of multiple projects/programmes requirements by:
- SPOC for all internal and external customer communications, producing high- and low-level plans
- Managing senior and lower level stakeholders appropriately
- Set key deliverables with all, forecast programme delivery
- Arrange weekly meetings with key stakeholders to communicate progress, identify issue and manage risk
- Proficient in documentation creation to include: PID, SOW, Change control RAID, and RAG reporting.
- Programme tracking, through project lifecycle
- Creation of programme documentation
- Successful deployment of the programme scope
- Identify all risks, creation of issue log with recommendations and proposals to resolve
- Financial tracking of all costs relating to the programme
- Identify resources required from programme initiation
- Stakeholder management
- Liaise with all business units associated with the programme
- Support projects to deliver external complex customer projects
- Support the internal business to deliver transformational projects
- Promote forward thinking.
- Single point of contact for all customer communications
- Work with all internal teams or individuals to deliver the overall professional management strategy
- Work to agreed clear and measurable project objectives
- Identify RISKS and GAPS that could affect programme delivery
- Provide solutions to negate RISKS
- Lead virtual business teams to deliver key transformational projects on time.
- Manage and motivate all members of cross functional teams (direct and virtual) to deliver the programmes
- Maintain and improve the processes, procedures and systems to support the programme
- Identify through continual improvement the end to end programme delivery timeline
- Lead by example and provide escalation support to the teams when resolving programme delivery issues, resource issues or any conflict between BAU and transformation
What you need for the role:
- Qualified as a Prince2 Practitioner
- MSP qualification
- Educated to degree level, preferably in an engineering subject
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified (preferred)
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office suite (Microsoft project, word, excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Previous experience working with CRM systems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow Remedy
- Telecommunications industry experience with a particular focus on programme management and services i.e. MPLS, VPLS, Leased Lines, Internet Access and DSL services
- Previous experience of working with Telecoms providers such as BT, Colt, Virgin-Media, and Vodafone
- Good knowledge of Network topology an advantage
- Experienced in the delivery of complex managed programmes and services
- Experience in managing multiple projects through 1 programme
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Demonstrated experience in managing escalations
- Analytical and critical thinking; decisive and innovative problem-solving capability for complex issues
- Demonstrable leadership skills and organisational experience
- Strong project planning and process improvement skills
- Able to balance an operational, pragmatic approach to decision making, whilst ensuring appropriate risk management
- Unified Communications or public sector experience would be desirable