Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon (OX14)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has unlocked a new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology will revolutionise the world's energy production - it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e.g. with no long-term nuclear waste or carbon emissions).
They aim to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies - spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company's innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click and Reuters news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum on 2016. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team and to tackle the challenge of a lifetime.
This role is responsible for ensuring a major tokamak programme is delivered to quality, time and budget targets.
- Work in partnership with the Programme Management and business functions to contribute to defining the Programme Management delivery strategy
- In collaboration with the Programme Management team and in line with the defined strategy, concurrently define and implement Programme Management processes and performance metrics to improve delivery capability
- Define programme requirements that link to business milestones and ensure these are documented and approved
- Generate deliverables-based, integrated functional plans (timing and resource) to set timelines for the successful delivery of programme objectives to quality, time and cost targets. Collaborate with functional leaders to set functional milestones in the plan to track progress.
- Proactively lead the cross-functional programme team to successfully deliver programme objectives and deliverables
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of programme activities
- Collaborate with Quality Manager to ensure Programme Management processes are aligned to the Quality Operating System
- Lead preparation, submission and presentation of programme gateway status documentation
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities which will require successful pre-employment health screening through their Occupational Health Service before the successful candidate will be allowed to start work:
- Travel outside of Europe or North America on company business [possibly]
- Considerable experience in delivering complex technology product, construction and / or infrastructure programmes
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project and/or Agile programme management tools (eg Redmine)
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design and/or software development processes
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Well-structured planning and resourcing for budget setting and management
- Teaching, supporting and leading others
- Engineering Degree
- APM qualified (to PFQ or PMQ level) or equivalent
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after one years' service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependent on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months' service
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Supervisor, Programme Engineer, Infrastructure Project Lead, Nuclear Energy Engineer, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Team Leader, Project Management, Project Engineer, Nuclear Energy will also be considered