We are seeking a Programme Director with a Public Health, Healthcare or related background to join our dynamic team. Managing the Health department’s portfolio of online programmes, you will work in close collaboration with our Russell Group partner University. This will be an exciting and challenging role as you will be joining us at a key stage of growth in our rapidly expanding organisation.
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
You will have a strong academic background and you will have worked in an environment where you participated in the academic design, delivery and development of higher education programmes at postgraduate level. You will also have an enthusiasm for online learning. The role includes working with a variety of teams to provide a high-quality educational experience whilst helping to manage and maintain academic quality and standards in alignment with our partner University’s policies and procedures. A key aspect of your role will be the maintenance of a professional, co-operative and effective working relationship with academic colleagues at our partner University.
- Work collaboratively with the Programme Support Team to manage the tutor/module author recruitment process, ensuring that module delivery and content development is effectively resourced.
- Monitor tutor performance and oversee any peer review process.
- Manage the development of programme content, ensuring the pedagogical approaches suitable for online delivery are included.
- Ensure that the quality, currency and academic standards of the curriculum are maintained and enhanced, responding to sector developments, subject benchmarking and PSRB requirements.
- Ensure that the moderation process is compliant with our partner University procedures, ensuring that process outputs inform future assessment practices and enhancements.
- Manage, develop and effectively evaluate the assessment and feedback process, adhering to partner University and KOL requirements and practice.
- Lead on, and manage the ethical approval process of research proposals, ensuring that all procedures are compliant with our partner University’s policy on Research Ethics.
- Manage the Dissertation Supervisor allocation process ensuring that students are matched with an appropriate supervisor.
- Collaborate and actively contribute to the partner University’s monitoring and review procedures.
- Actively participate as a member in the Board of Studies, Board of Examiners, Pre-Boards, Extenuating Circumstances Panels and Academic Integrity Sub-Committees as required.
- Participate effectively as a member in the Operational Management Group (OPOG) and other Boards and Committees as appropriate.
- Build effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Undertake any other reasonable academic-related duties as required.
- Travel to our partner University in the north of England will also be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Doctoral qualification or currently a PhD candidate in a related subject and/or a Masters qualification in a related subject and relevant industry experience.
- Experience of module and / or programme leadership in a HE institution
- Experience of module / course design at HE level
- Experience of teaching, assessing and supervising projects at level 7 within HE
- Highly effective and experienced communicator.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with academic colleagues, associate tutors and students. both face-to-face and in a virtual environment.
- Excellent IT skills, primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting software.
- Relevant Higher Education teaching qualification or willingness to study towards a relevant qualification.
- Fellowship recognition by AdvanceHE.
- Experience of teaching in an online environment.
Benefits (Some subject to eligibility criteria)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Live Well and Be Well Benefits
- The opportunity to join a division of a successful multi-national education company.
Apply with your CV and covering letter.
24th July 2020
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.