The Software Development PMS is responsible for the design, implementation and management of a standardized set of project measurables, objectives, metrics, KPIs, risks used to manage software development projects across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Liaise closely with product teams to gain overview, knowledge and understanding of the programs being delivered.
- Work with teams across the globe to produce accurate and realistic delivery schedules, understand risks and issues and produce accurate forecasts.
- Manage a full in flight project list with status, risks, issues and forecasting.
- Understand and communicate progress against agreed project level KPIs to the stakeholders ensuring one version of the truth.
- Deliver effective and meaningful project status reports and keep project repositories updated with the latest information and updated artefacts
- Recommend and deliver reporting & KPIs to enable effective decision making for the program stakeholders.
- Analyse project retrospectives and trends by engaging with different product workstreams
- Identify and manage risk and change control across the program and identify dependencies between programs and workstreams.
- Deliver a clear communication plan and reporting mechanisms
- Actively participate an adaptive multi-disciplinary Release Management team Manage the function action logs – chasing up owners and keeping status up to date. Flag any late or outstanding actions.
- Manage the function RAID log including supporting remediation plans.
- Mange the KPD list and the remediation plan.
- Implement project governance with regular governance reviews
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- Strong Project Office Management skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong experience in building schedules and roadmaps and being able to show inter team dependencies
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with individuals across disparate geographic locations and teams.
- Strong listening, data collection and reporting skills.
- Ability to recognize/identify impact of project scope and anticipate consequences and flag for action.
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate up and down the management structure.
- Solid understanding of project office reporting
- Excellent knowledge MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Project, Sharepoint & O365
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools or reporting services are an advantage, e.g Power BI, Basecamp, Version One, JIRA etc
- Project Management certification (PMP or equivalent) preferred.
- Very Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and end to end product launch processes.
- Occasional travel will be required