Job title: Program Manager (Transportation)
Location: London, Greater London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Amazon’s Cross Border Transportation team is looking for an enthusiastic, customer obsessed, Program Manager to manage projects, implement and improve metrics, improve supply chain routes, and ensure that packages move efficiently throughout Europe from fulfillment centers to customers. To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on the customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adept to learning new tools and systems is instrumental your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting or working with multiple teams (business and technical).
Program Manager (Transportation) responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Driving performance improvement with our partner carriers. Completion of root cause analysis on all defects and using these data to drive continuous improvement activities.
- Responding with best in class service to internal clients (Retail/Fulfillment Centers) regarding costs, status of freight, availability of freight and exceptions to the schedule of freight. Creating and implementing improvements to our transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products for our customers (such as expedited and high value freight options)
The ideal candidate has a background of running cross-functional projects. The candidate is as comfortable working on high-level strategy and design, as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They have demonstrated the ability to build customized logistics solutions, drive process improvement, standardize procedures and eliminate the root cause of defects within current systems. This job will require strong communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure, and often ambiguous, work environment. Passion and drive for customer service is a must.
Program Manager (Transportation) basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years supply chain, transportation operations, and/or project management experience
- Proven problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
- Experience in writing SQL queries and mining databases
- Up to 25% travel
Program Manager (Transportation) preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Six Sigma/Lean, Operational Excellence Black Belt certification desired
- Experience as a transportation customer as well as a transportation provider
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role
- Possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
To apply for this Program Manager (Transportation) position, please click on the apply button!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Competitive Salary & Benefits