Program Manager - Recovery Testing - VP
Posting Date: May 20, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job: Quality Management and Testing
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
3152047 - Program Manager - Recovery Testing - VP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Fusion Resilience Center is to understand, prepare for, respond to, recover and learn from operational threats and incidents that impact the Firm. Comprised of Global Intelligence, Global Response Operations, and Business Resilience Plans & Operations, Fusion provides an integrated and holistic ability to prepare for and deal with a broad landscape of threats which may impact the Firm, from cyber events and fraud, to technology incidents, natural disasters, geopolitical unrest, terrorist attacks, and pandemics
A Program Manager is required to work as part of a global team to manage severe but plausible test scenario planning and test implementation in support of the Firm’s Operational Resilience program. A successful candidate will also be required to contribute to the fulfilment of requests for information pertaining to the program from internal (e.g. internal departments, Internal Audit) and external stakeholders (e.g. clients, regulators), program tooling strategy and committee reporting.
A successful candidate should have a solid foundation of disaster recovery or operational resilience experience and have a voracious appetite for learning new things. The threat landscape is constantly changing, and it is essential that the candidate be able to keep pace in this incredibly dynamic environment.
- Manage severe but plausible test scenario planning and test implementation in support of the Firm’s Operational Resilience program including:
- Engagement of SMEs to perform recovery capability gap analysis across the prioritized severe but plausible scenarios.
- Coordination across teams to ensure that planning of tests against the prioritized scenarios are completed within the required timeframes.
- Validation that required resources are in place for test execution to validate the Firm’s ability to recover and resume key business service within defined Tolerances.
- Review Scenario testing results to identify and implement enhancements to the Firm’s testing methodology and recovery capabilities.
- Coordinate implementation of risk management where recovery capability gaps are identified
- Coordination of projects and interdependencies between these.
- Management of stakeholder communications
- Production of committee reporting to provide program updates and lessons learned
- Support fulfilment of requests for information pertaining to the program from internal (e.g. internal departments, Internal Audit) and external stakeholders (e.g. clients, regulators).
- Contribute to the continual improvement and maintenance of Fusion Resilience Center owned policies and procedures.
- Contribute to continued enhancement of Fusion Resilience Center tooling and reporting in support of the program mission.
- Professional experience in a program/project management role supported by a relevant qualification.
- Professional experience in a Cyber, Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery related role.
- Understanding of existing and emerging finance industry regulatory requirements related to business continuity, disaster recovery and operational resilience.
- Understanding of industry best practices pertaining to Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and operational resilience.
- Capable of managing through influence across multiple groups including both technology and business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) with the ability to convey complex technical messages to a wide audience at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to distil technical and complex information into easy to understand business terms for management.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to be both a leader and a team player.
- Capable of synthesizing multiple asks and timelines into holistic, clearly defined milestones and deliverables within a dynamic environment.
- Experience working for a globally distributed organization
- Willingness to learn about the technology and cyber threat environment
- Project management, DR, BCP or ITIL certifications preferred
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (multiple regions advantageous).
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Source : Morgan Stanley