Job Description SummaryBD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business. We have a variety of continuous day and night shift available with attractive shift premiums of 32% and 48% respectively
A Moulding Technician is required to be responsible for all technical and processing activities associated with the manufacture of plastic injection moulded components. You will report to the Process Engineer on the technical and processing status of all manufacturing equipment.
As Moulding Technician, you will be responsible for;
- The start-up and shut down of plastic injection moulding machines, batch changes, colour changes, tool in and tool out as well as machine and ancillary maintenance.
- Playing an active role in problem solving, process improvement and adjustments.
- Implementing all activities to maximise equipment efficiency in order to meet the manufacturing plan/production schedule and budgeted equipment expectations.
- Ensuring all manufacturing equipment is set up and produces product according to established Quality Control specifications and standards. Maintaining acceptable quality and waste levels.
- Operational responsibilities which include covering breaks, operating production machinery, assembling product, performing quality checks and pallet release duties.
- Supporting engineering in the installation and validation of new equipment and technology and ensure a smooth and acceptable transfer to production.
The successful candidate will have completed an apprenticeship, C&G or equivalent experience. You will have experience in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment where you have been ‘hands on’ in process set up and optimisation activities. You will have good knowledge of manufacturing processes. You will have a positive attitude towards Quality, Safety and Continuous Improvement. You will be an excellent communicator and a team player.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button