Exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Shift Manager is needed for a permanent role (3-shift pattern) in the Runcorn area. Excellent salary and benefits package (see below)
The successful candidate will have demonstrated history of managing small to medium sized production teams (including Team Leaders and Zone Leaders) whilst working within a management team to ensure that product quality, daily production goals and standards are met, in line with GMP and H&S requirements.
- Very competitive salary (incl. of shift allowance)
- 23 to 27 days + bank hols (dependent on length of service.)
- Excellent company pension scheme
- Death in service (3x)
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Hours of Work: 3 shift pattern (M-Fri 6am-2pm, 2-10pm & Sun - Thur 10pm - 6am)
Purpose of the role: As part of the production management team, the Shift Manager will be responsible for ensuring that high quality outputs are optimised whilst fully complying with H&S and GMP regulations. The Shift Manager should always lead by example demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity at all times.
The successful Production Shift Manager / Team Leader / Supervisor duties will include:
- Outside office hours, the Shift Manager will take full responsibility for the site and act as a site manager.
- Manage the production team to ensure high levels of personal conduct, attendance, quality and H&S standards.
- In conjunction with the Technical Team Leaders and Zone Leaders, ensure the resource is available to achieve/exceed the production plan through management of holidays, absence and skills training, also making sure that the production team are meeting the required level of product quality by regular inspections and audits in line with GMP requirements.
- To operate and abide by safe practices and positively encourage a culture of safe working at all times.
- To ensure the production area is maintained and kept in a clean and tidy state - 'audit ready' standard.
- Ensure that all production related paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promote effective communication between shifts and other departments to ensure that all equipment and material requirements are met to avoid production delays and poor customer service.
- Manage and develop Zone Leaders to ensure they actively take responsibility for the performance of their teams.
- Ensure a full and detailed shift handover is conducted including as a minimum update on safety, quality, output v's plan and any outstanding issues to be resolved.
- In the absence of other Shift Managers and in conjunction with other members of the production management team provide management cover for other shifts.
- Host all area visits including customers, auditors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all production output data and reporting
The suitable candidate for the Production Shift Manager will have the following experience / characteristics:
Proven track record in managing small to medium sized production teams, including Team Leaders and Zone Leaders, whilst working within a management team to ensure product quality and standards are met, in line with GMP and H&S requirements, by completing regular inspections and audits.
- Be able to display strong leadership and communication skills, preparing and executing the Production schedule, ensuring that machinery and staff resources are available to meet to meet production demands.
- Maintain the manufacturing budget, control costs and achieve monthly profit targets.
- Optimisation of all machinery and staffing resources, to meet fluctuating demands in an efficient manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of work environment.
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.
- Identification and delivery of improvement plans for the manufacturing site ensuring proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all shifts.
The ideal candidate for the Production Shift Manager will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Strong leadership skills are required to manage medium sized production team and to work cross functionally with the Procurement, Engineering, Quality and Programme Management functions.
- Relevant Production, Manufacturing or Engineering qualification with excellent numeracy, analytical and IT skills.
- Significant production management experience in a relevant manufacturing environment, ideally holding an appropriate qualification.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- IOSH, NEBOSH or similar H&SE qualification or have knowledge and demonstrated HSE experience in the workplace.
Key words: Production, Production Shift Manager, Production Management Team, Site Manager Support, Health and Safety, GMP, H&S, Manufacturing, Team Leader, Supervisor, Delegation, Organisation, Communication Skills, Leadership Skills, inspections, Audits, Product Quality, Teamwork, Food, Pharmaceutical, Packaging, Runcorn, Widnes, Warrington, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire.
If you are interested in the Production Shift Manager role and have the required experience, please click the apply now button.
£10,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year
23-27 days + b/hols, pension, bonus.
23-27 days + b/hols, pension, bonus.