Available for Fixed Term from February to September
The Production Operative is responsible for producing a range of ice products to industry leading standards. The environment is semi-automated and will require candidates to be multi skilled in different tasks within the factory. Although we produce ice products, our factory is not a cold environment and is not temperature controlled, so you won’t be working in a freezer!
These roles could be a fantastic opportunity for someone with production experience to work over the Summer period.
This work can be strenuous and regularly involves lifting cases and bags of bagged ice, so applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems. The product to be lifted may weigh up to 20kg.
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 12 hour shifts, days and nights rotating across 7 days
- Flexibility regarding hours worked is paramount in this role
- £8.06 per hour (plus night shift pay available) paid as average pay weekly
- Authorised overtime is required occasionally to cover holidays
- Paid rest breaks (2 x 30 minutes)
- 5.6 weeks holidays per year including Bank Hol (holiday pay calculated using average earnings)
- Immediate start available
- Level 2 Food Safety training provided
- Personal Protective Clothing is provided
- Contributory pension scheme
- Fixed term period may be extended beyond September 2019 based on production volumes at that point.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving production environment would be desirable
- Knowledge and previous experience of production machines is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Applicants must be aged over 18 due to shifts and working hours
- Self-motivated, punctual and productive
- Valid Food Safety or First Aid certificate is desirable but not essential
- Undertake a varied range of production tasks including ensuring the production system always has sufficient pallets and safely and hygienically change rolls of film
- To ensure all machinery is running correctly, and report any issues to the Supervisor/Engineer
- To pack bagged ice into boxes and palletise ready for despatch
- Correctly build and despatch orders ensuring that paperwork is clear and concise, pallets are correctly labelled, and delivery paperwork is reconciled
- Support and deliver food safety and health & safety standards
- Assist other team members to achieve the operational objectives
- Work to the highest quality standards, working safely and ensuring a safe working environment
- Be responsible for personal development, identifying training requirements and communicating them to relevant parties
Plus Night Shift Allowance