Gi Group are currently recruiting a Forklift Truck Driver for an international food manufacturers, based at their site in Birstwith, Harrogate. The role is made up of 80% warehousing duties and 20% forklift duties based in a busy and expanding warehouse. In a very physical and manual role, the site produces large quantities of dry feed materials and cereals etc. This role is initially temporary, with the opportunity of permanent positions available after a successful time period.
Hours: 6AM-2PM/2PM-10PM Monday-Friday
Pay: £10.63 per hour
Due to the rural location of the role, own transport is desired.
* Operating Counterbalance Forklift Trucks
* Manual handling 25kg bags; palletising, boxing and de-boxing
* Scanning and labelling pallets accurately
* Completing paperwork
* Housekeeping where necessary
* Working to strict food hygiene/health and safety guidelines
* Forklift Counterbalance certificates required, refreshed within the last 3 years
* Flexibility towards shifts and availability
* A positive attitude and work ethic, always keen to learn new skills
* Good level of physical fitness due to demanding duties
* Previous exposure to warehousing advantageous
If you meet the above criteria, are able to work in the Birstwith, Harrogate area and would like to apply for the role of Forklift Truck Operative - please apply. Gi Group in the UK provides recruitment, staffing and workforce management services to local and national clients of all sizes, placing an average of 15,000 temporary and permanent staff into work nationwide each week across many market sectors.
10.63 - 12.86 per hour