Are you an experienced Site, Recycling or Production Operative looking to progress and take on a new challenge this Spring? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
At Viridor, we're investing in state-of-the-art recycling facilities, allowing for a wider range of products to be recycled. Our Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) are some of the biggest and most advanced of their kind in Europe. Our MRFs across the UK use a combination of advanced mechanical sorting and manual quality control to separate materials into individual streams, ready to be put back to work. Our investment in technology allows us to operate at the highest quality, environmental, energy efficiency and health and safety standards.
Our MRF in Bargeddie is currently undergoing construction and is central to Scotland's ambition to deliver a zero waste, circular economy which encourages waste reduction, boosts recycling and recovers vital renewable energy from what remains while also reducing taxpayer exposure to costly landfill levies.
We are now looking to recruit Production Operatives (Recycling Operative - Level 2) to join our team in Bargeddie, working 38.5 hours per week.
The Production Operative will undertake duties within the RWT operation and other areas of the site operations, as required or directed. This will include but not limited to, safe operations of the processing plant equipment, quality control operations, fixed baler operations and mobile plant operations, where supervised and directed along with any other reasonable operational requirements.
Production Operative responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with all Company Business Management Systems work practices as directed.
- Operating in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures at all times such as lock off, tag off and try out (LOTOTO) and traffic management systems (TMS)
- To report any defects that may affect Health, Safety and Environment or production to your line manager.
- To operate all fixed plant equipment and the operation of the recycling facility via SCADA control system
- Monitor production processing equipment and act accordingly when required to resolve the matter or escalate where appropriate.
The ideal Production Operative will have:
- Excellent communication skills in order to respond and liaise with supervisors, management and work colleagues effectively
- The ability to undertake structured work with consistent attention to detail
- Possess fundamental IT Skills
- Previous experience of operating in a production or recycling environment
- An awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace
It is essential to have a full UK driving license for this role.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package plus plenty of opportunity for personal development.
You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits