Production Metal Controller (Strongroom)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver, platinum and palladium alloys. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker.
As a Production Metal Controller in the jewellery industry, you will ensure all metal is booked in; checked for correct alloy, location and weight, and then assigned to the correct location. Accuracy is imperative due to the materials that our client deals with. You will report to a Team Leader and build your experience in the management of metal processes.
In return, our client will provide you with on-the-job training, guidance and the support you need to build on your existing experience.
Your main responsibilities:
- Accurately check, weigh and book in material
- Assign metal to production
- Process scrap and assign it to the correct locations
- Deal with enquiries from Sales and also liaise with other areas of the business regarding any issues with metal
- Horizontal milling (machine of cast bars)
- Drill bars for assay sampling
- Take part in 5s tasks
- Carry out XRF analysis of metal (and record the results)
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience within a production/engineering environment
- The ability to accurately follow specific processes and procedures
- A flexible and conscientious approach with the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of AS400, Lansa and Infor systems (as an advantage)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent eye for details
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
Please note, this role will involve some heavy lifting.
Hours of work:
Total of 37.5 hours per week, with a working pattern of Monday to Thursday, 07:15-15:45 with a 30 minute lunch break and Friday, 07:15-12:45.
- Starting salary of £21,000 per annum (increase after 6 month probation pass)
- Up to 24 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life assurance
- Gym discounts and eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on company products
As part of the new starter vetting process, the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
Polite note to agencies: Our client prefers to hire directly. When they do require extra help, they have a preferred supplier that they engage with. They do not accept speculative introductions and at this time are note seeking to add to their PSL.
Other organisations may call this role Production Operative, Production Technician, Manufacturing Technician, or Production Co-ordinator.
To apply for the role of Production Metal Controller (Strongroom), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.