The company, a well-established manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join the team in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Established in 1988, they manufacture and supply specialist quality products for use in ground investigation, water well, and geothermal drilling applications, as well as a variety of railway drainage and landfill gas and leachate management products. The company employs over 70 people and operates across three locations in the UK, one site in Germany, and have a sister company.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, hard-working person to take charge of all production, warehousing and logistics at their Bury St Edmunds location. There are experienced managers in place for the Warehouse, Steel Fabrication and Plastic Fabrication departments, however, an overall manager for the site is needed.
About the role:
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation and management of the site and its workforce of 15-20 employees in the manufacturing (steel and plastic fabrication) and warehouse (goods in/out and stores) departments
- Coordinating between engineering, sales and production departments in relation to all production orders
- Completing new staff Health and Safety inductions
- Developing risk assessments and safe working procedures
- Reviewing and approving time sheets and holiday requests, managing staff sickness, completing annual performance appraisals and performing general line manager duties
- Determining costings for fabricated products
- Managing and evaluating staff and machine resources to ensure high productivity and minimal downtime, including managing the build schedule to meet agreed delivery dates
- Ensuring products are completed to the highest standard along with the associated paperwork, in compliance with ISO9001
- Overseeing machinery maintenance and ensuring scheduled inspections are completed
- Setting production goals and communicating them to key personnel
- Using KPIs to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Significant experience in manufacturing and production - ideally experienced in fabrication and mechanical assembly
- Significant experience in a management / supervisory capacity
- Strong experience with various manufacturing operations, stock management, and logistics
- Proven track record of managing and training employees in productivity and safety
- Experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies and principles
- Excellent knowledge of production management, tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations (IOSH Managing Safely Course provided if required)
- Strong personality with effective communication, organisational, influencing and people-management skills
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5.00pm), however flexibility and additional hours will be required.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, company shutdown between Christmas and New Year (5 days taken out of the 25 days of holiday)
- Statutory pension scheme available
- External training provided as required
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Production Manager, Site Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, Fabrication, Mechanical Assembly, Logistics Manager, may also be considered for this role.