Production Engineer (Internally Known as Junior Additive Manufacturing Technician)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver, platinum and palladium alloys. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker.
As a Production Engineer in the jewellery industry, you will provide support and assistance to the AM Team responsible for providing efficient service to jewellery, watch and industrial clients, as well as partners and appropriate academic institutions. Internally, this role is known as Junior Additive Manufacturing Technician.
Working in a team of 5, including Engineers and R&D Technicians, you will learn about an exciting new field, which uses 3D technologies for precious metal applications. You’ll have the chance to test your ability to meet tight deadlines and build your experience in the latest AM equipment.
Our client will provide you with on the job training, guidance and the support you need to build on your existing production background.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the department processes, AM systems and other members of the team including AM bureau service and advanced precious metal powder preparation and control
- Establishing material specifications and quality for precious metal materials
- Taking ownership of some material post processing techniques, including surface finishing and treatments for jewellery components and how to further optimise them
- Supporting the development and production of gas atomised powders for AM and other industrial applications
- Independently liaising with other team members to ascertain their requirements
- Delivering to the responsible team member in a timely manner
- Delivering stated processes to a satisfactory standard
- Working to tight deadlines and providing updates or changes to plans last minute. You may also be required to work on multiple projects at once
- Attending national/international trade shows or exhibitions when required
To be considered as a Production Engineer, you’ll need:
- A Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an Engineering or Production related discipline including 3D/CAD modules (role would suit a recent IMO / PMO apprentice)
- A keen interest in a technical role / 3D printing
- Previous manufacturing experience and/or a mechanical engineering background
- To have previously worked with machinery (Lathe, Mill) in a machine shop/tool room
- Strong attention to detail
- An enthusiastic, can do attitude
- A good standard of numeracy and skills in data analysis
- The ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet demands set by the department, company or external customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team working skills
- The ability to use your initiative for independent work
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute break each day. Flexible pattern but core office hours 10:00-15:00 must be covered.
- Salary of £17,550 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Up to 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on company products, cinema tickets, gym memberships, eye care vouchers and much more.
As part of the new starter vetting process, the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
Our client’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on their website.
To apply for the role of Production Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Production Engineer, Junior Additive Manufacturing Technician, Manufacturing Technician, Production Technician, Production Operative, Machine Operator, Machine Operative, Junior Metal Manufacturing Technician, Manufacturing.
£17,550 per annum (dependent on experience)