Job title Production Brazer
Responsible to Brazing Manager
About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high-quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 50,000 bikes this year; though we believe we’re just getting started. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Here at Brompton our metal parts are Brazed together. Brazing is a metal-joining process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and flowing a filler metal into the joint, the filler metal having a lower melting point than the adjoining metal. Our ability to manufacture 1300 bikes per week relies on our Brazers producing product, in line with scheduling and to an exceptional level of quality. To produce finished brazed parts and assemblies.
- Torch brazing; ensuring quantities are meet while keeping to a high standard of finish and conformance to specifications
- Understanding the technical details of the job and their implications on the final bicycle.
- Becoming familiar with a wide range of jigs and fixtures used for brazing.
- Preparation and fluxing of metal components.
- Loading/unloading the brazing jigs.
- Packing parts prior to delivery to next process.
- Basic maintenance of different jigs and brazing equipment plus maintaining work areas
- Joining metals parts using heat and a filler rod.
- Able to meet and maintain the quality of Braze to Company standards
- Quality controls, including the monitoring of own braze quality and part quality.
- Work to Safe Systems of Work at all times.
- You will be required to wear an air fed or a filtered mask whenever Brazing
- Carryout picking duties, when required
- Operate autobraze machines once trained
- Reporting equipment faults to maintenance staff
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Accurately reporting of your own Output and Scrappage numbers
- To attend training and meetings as and when required
- Any other jobs around the factory that may be deemed necessary
- Must have previous demonstrable experience of Brazing
- Keen attention to detail, methodical work practice, organized, reliable and motivated.
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards; along with a high understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Good personal hygiene and a tidy and appropriate dress sense, Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment will be provided that you will be required to wear at all times.
- Punctuality and reliability are very important
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Physically and mentally fit for the job and in good health
- Trained in Manual handling would be preferred
- Good personal skills to enable efficient liaising between departments
- Physical fitness is required as this job will require some manual lifting
- This role will involve repetitive work with some machines being manually operated
- Effective communication, observation and reporting skills
- Ability to understand and work with people from a range of cultural & social backgrounds and to recognize that their values, practices and customs may be different from your own
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Organized, flexible and resilient with a sense of humor
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Willingness to undertake training to increase or update skills
- A balance of technical, commercial and people skills
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…..
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
How to Apply:
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the People team. In the subject, please specify the role you are applying for. You are encouraged to submit when ready and not wait until the deadline. Please specify your salary expectations. You should be advised that any applications submitted without a covering letter and CV will not be considered for the role. Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business. The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalise peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.