About the role
We are looking for an innovative and analytical individual to join the Portfolio Team as a Product Specialist, Recombinant Antibodies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interact with Abcam’s portfolio development, pipeline, manufacturing, and commercial teams, providing significant input into Abcam’s market-led approach to new product expansion, as well as new product formulations and pack sizes.
- Utilize competitor and market analysis, including publications and funding, to drive new product suggestions for the recombinant antibody portfolio.
- Monitor product quality within the recombinant antibody portfolio and work with Product Development and Manufacturing and Supplier Management to recommend and implement improvement strategies.
Tactical marketing and collateral development
- Working with the digital performance team to coordinate SEO and PPC activities for recombinant antibody product line.
- Responsible for generating or sourcing high quality content for the Abcam’s recombinant antibody portfolio (online & offline)
- Assist in compiling e-campaigns to target existing customer base
- Producing and posting new articles, offers and relevant promotions on Abcam’s website
- Gathering and generating content and ideas for marketing/technical literature and working with a graphic designer to create new pieces
- Assist in producing copy for advertorials and advertisements
- Identify and assess the appropriateness of co-marketing opportunities available to Abcam
- Manage and develop new and existing co-marketing relationships
Market research and external landscape
- Provide market research activities including web-based research projects, competitor analysis, and survey design/analysis
- Interact with Abcam’s product management and commercial teams, providing significant input into Abcam’s market-led approach to new product expansion
- Regular reporting of activities to the wider portfolio team
- Internal coordination with customer facing departments (including scientific support, business development, customer service) to aid and inform marketing decisions and output
- Communicate marketing strategy and tactics to regional marketing teams
- Written reporting and presentation of market research and survey activities
Planning and monitoring
- Propose and manage a budget for all tactical marketing activities (online & offline) for Recombinant primary product line.
- Monitor KPI and report ROI for all activities
You will hold a life sciences degree (or equivalent), and have a background in lab based science. A PhD and sales and marketing experience in the life science industry would be advantageous but not essential.
You will be a skilled content writer, with excellent attention to detail and a problem solving attitude. You will be driven and creative with the ability to generate ideas. Experience with or understanding of digital marketing, google analytics or Google AdWords would be beneficial.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.