Job Title: Product Sales Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, OTE £55,000 with Vehicle, Laptop & Mobile
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Trotec is one of the world's foremost manufacturers of laser machines for engraving, cutting and marking. With over 500 employees spanning multiple international sales branches, we offer our customers access to an international network of professionals and a wealth of experience in the laser industry.
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the Product Sales Manager of Trotec has to be a highly self-motivated and professional sales person with a strong "Hunter Mentality". They will be responsible for developing and managing the sales of a new range of "entry level" products. Once trained, they must be able to demonstrate these products both online and in person whilst also offering front line application support. Teamwork is vital as the role requires close working with the existing Trotec sales team to maximise sales of the new product range whilst also offering a seamless upgrade path to Trotec's core products.
What you'll be doing?
- Responsible for the development and day-to-day management of your product range and market segments, measured by the consolidated AREA margin
- Work closely together with the Sales Director on the implementation of global strategies and standards
- Selling the Trotec range of "Gateway" laser engraving & cutting products to small and medium enterprises across a mixture of market sectors with a mainly new business focus
- Working remotely and autonomously, and be accountable for your own success
- You will be supported by the provision of marketing leads, but this will not cover your entire target, and you will be expected to generate your own own leads and appointments through your own prospecting activities
- Extensive UK travel across our 5 showrooms (Bristol, Loughborough, Guildford, Tyne & Wear & Stirling). Occasional travel to the Trotec worldwide HQ in Wels, Austria.
- Use of global CRM system for lead and activity tracking
- Laser Engraver/ Cutter sales rely very heavily on effective, practical demonstrations. This involves the proficient use of Corel Draw, some CAD-CAM applications and a comprehensive equipment driver when demonstrating products to customers, although training in these areas would be provided
- Production of video content, "how to" videos, demonstration videos, live webinars, Q & A sessions
- Providing 1st line application support to customers
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong work ethic, organised, disciplined and highly self-motivated
- You will have a minimum of 2 years business to business field sales success, selling IT connected capital equipment in a competitive environment
- The ability to sell a complex product with multiple applications with a software component, including demonstrating the software to customers
- Experience of solutions selling, being able to uncover, build and justify customer need. Strong IT skills, and an good technical aptitude for technology and engineering
- The ability to generate new business via research and cold calling
- Familiarity with selling the benefits of leasing and calculating lease rates etc
- Highly professional, ethical and capable of selling at all levels
- Excellent spelling & grammar
As part of their induction, you will be expected to attend courses run by Trotec's Training Academy, covering sales methodology, laser safety & theory as well as detailed product instruction both hands-on and market based. This training may take place in the UK, however travel to the company's headquarters in Austria may also be required.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Account Manager, Business Manager, Client Account Manager, B2B Account Manager, Account Executive, Strategic Account Manager, Field Account Manager, Sales, Business Development Executive, Telecommunications, Marketing, Customer Service, BDE, Technical Sales, may also be considered for this role.
25,000.00 - 30,000.00 per year
OTE £55,000 with Vehicle, Laptop & Mobile
OTE £55,000 with Vehicle, Laptop & Mobile