About the Role
Gamma has grown substantially and is a proven leader in delivering high quality business communication applications and services. Technology leadership is essential to provide the right environment for the delivery of high quality, secure, agile, easy to support and customer focused applications.
In order to meet the challenges of delivering on its strategic objectives Gamma must transform its technology organisation and practices, learning from best of breed. Evolving from an infrastructure wholesaler and third-party reseller, into an organisation that can rapidly develop unique and innovative products focused on the needs of the user.
We have an exciting new role for Product Owner within Development. The Product Ownerwill be responsible for setting, prioritising, and accepting the work generated by cross functional squads in order to ensure the most valuable, sustainable and Customer orientated functionality of theproduct.
AsProduct Owner, you will work with the Product Manager and other stakeholders to define user stories, ensure rapid flow of work into the cross functional squad with an embedded feedback mechanism for iterating functionality to drive value for the customer.
You will need to deliver functionality not just according to users, but the experience that helps make our company vision reality.
- Lead member of the squad interfacing into Technical Product Manager to understand customer requirements, augment the product defined user stories and provide technical options
- Agree quarterly and monthly goals to ensure the plan is achieved scheduling work in accordance with product req.
- Working with domain architecture to ensure alignment with strategic technology roadmap
- Work with the Product Manager/technical Product Manager to deliver the Product vision
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals/ current & future technical capabilities.
- Work closely, creating alignment with the Product Manager (who owns the product roadmap) with the Product Owner being responsible for the technical roadmap
- Develop scope and define development backlog items that guide the Agile software development team.
- Facilitate the product manager to make decisions that allow dev to rapidly implement to service according to the correct compromises.
- Facilitate the Product Manager to drive innovation through the adoption of appropriate technology
- Draft keyobjectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to enable business decisions to be made
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of development items for implementation, driven from Product defined user story.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams. Ensure the outcome unambiguously matches the requirements defined by product
- Bring a team first approach to software responsibilities & boundaries; uniting cross functional squads to deliver the mission
- Ensure clear visualisation of the work; to create fast flow, optimise the delivery of value and identify & remove blockers to progress
- A leader of the squad mission; first amongst equals
- Represents team in front of stakeholders, clients or users.
- A member of the team including getting your hands dirty!
- Work closely with product management and senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio.
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Increase an understanding ofAgile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends.
- Working with the broader development team to ensure we are focused on elevating the improvement of how we perform daily work
- You’ll have previous experience working in a similar Product Owner role
- You’ll have previous experience and be comfortable working with Agile processes and principles
- You’ll have previous experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- You’ll have excellent knowledge of defining the development roadmap
- You’ll have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with a flair for articulating your thinking
- You will be an excellent team player with a proactive mindset, with a passion for working together as a team to achieve goals.
- You will thrive in an environment where you are trusted to be work smart and work hard without micromanagement.
- You’ll have an outgoing and welcoming personality, able to adapt to differing customer groups at ease, taking pride in providing a first-class customer experience at all times
Gamma is a leading supplier of voice, data and mobile products and services in the UK.
People are the lifeblood of our success. The people working for us are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That’s because the ethos within our company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed and hardworking.
In 2019 we were voted one of ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for the sixth time.
We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
There are many good reasons to join Gamma. You’ll find we work in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality in everything we do.
We strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and promote equality of opportunity in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Please note we only use recruitment agencies registered on our preferred suppliers list and as such, any speculative CV’s received will not be considered.