Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Product Owner to join our Agile software development team and help us explore, invent, develop, and deliver business products. In this role, you will act as a strong advocate for end users and customers with the goal of delivering substantially useful functionality to make insurance work better. Working with the guidance of our Product Managers, you will lead the definition of clear requirements and user stories to bring our (and your!) product vision down to earth for execution. You will strive to deliver high-quality software products on time to market, in alignment with strategic goals while meeting the needs of our clients.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to establish product release vision
- Lead your features through to completion, managing discovery and changes along the way
- Create, maintain, and continuously prioritize product and/or release backlogs, and conduct backlog grooming/refinement sessions with respective scrum team
- Ensures product backlog themes are addressed in the release backlog according to priority order
- Work with peer Product Owners regarding cross-team dependencies and appropriate scheduling and prioritization of dependent work
- Participate in all relevant sprint meetings, including daily meetings, sprint planning, review and retrospective sessions, as well as leads backlog grooming sessions
- Coordinate with our other teams (User Experience, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, etc.) in regards to your feature set
- Communicate with internal departments to understand and explain functional requirements
- Communicate with external customers on production related issues when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Ideally Educated to degree level (BSc or BEng) or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Professional experience or training as a Product Owner or Business Analyst in an Agile development environment
- Ability to mentor and coach the software product teams in Agile Scrum principles
- Professional experience or training in gathering requirements, creating documentation, and user stories
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasive skills, including the ability to communicate at all business levels
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Innovative; inspires innovation in others through engagement and negotiation
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs
- Experience with Applied products, or experience in the insurance industry a plus
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & BENEFITS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING- Applied offers Private Medical Insurance, cycle to work scheme, and schemes to support employees.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- Competitive salary, and Pension Scheme with employer matched contributions.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work. That is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer paid time off including weeks of paid vacation leave, company sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, and 1 free day off for your birthday!
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer BBQ, employee appreciation events, art contests, personal and professional development programmes, car parking season ticket loan, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program.
TO LEARN MORE