Job TitleProduct Owner – Asset Servicing
As the Product Owner, you will embed yourself within your product team(s). You will be working towards creating and enhancing the products aimed at enriching the client experience (IG’s end users and internal users). On the other hand, you will be also ensuring that both the Asset Servicing & Corporate Actions systems at IG satisfy the regulatory requirements You will be responsible for the Asset Servicing & Corporate Actions applications used globally in IG.
Asset Servicing at IG handles the middle and back-office functions, with a primary focus on settlement of transferrable securities in the market and on our client accounts for IG’s share dealing product. You will be expected to understand the settlements process and the importance of client money & asset rules in various jurisdictions.
You will enhance products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, internal thinking and your contact with global internal users. You must enjoy immersing yourself in these product areas to understand their strengths and weaknesses, to drive positive change.
You will work very closely with cross-functional technical and business teams, being at the forefront of delivery and be the driving force behind project and product delivery.
Below sections will help you understand the expectation from a Product Owner in IG.
- Champion the product.
- Work closely with the IT Business Partner and Technical Manager to define the strategy and roadmap for product.
- Be the driving force behind the delivery of projects and product development.
- Contribute to priority decisions.
- Incorporate client feedback and internal feedback to continually improve products.
- Identify trends and issues and find suitable solutions.
- Ensure a suitable go-to-market plan is in place for all promotable product releases.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to ensure that products are ahead of the competition where possible.
- Continually monitor key metrics for live products and projects to assess the success.
- Promote a culture of innovation & collaboration.
- Communicate priorities and future direction of product area to the wider business.
- Help technical team understand the big picture of business priorities and initiatives.
- Ensure senior management are consulted, and agree to priorities / roadmaps.
- Distribute insightful data pertaining to product launches and existing products and features.
- Prepare Release notes ahead of changes to their product area.
- Manage stakeholders and their interests proactively.
Agile Scrum Development
- Fulfil Scrum Product Owner responsibilities for assigned development teams.
- Maintain and prioritise product backlog.
- Attend or as relevant organise, the scrum ceremonies.
- Ensure interested stakeholders are invited to relevant demos.
- Steer and guide the work, answer questions raised by the business or the team.
- Produce, maintain, and communicate the product Roadmap.
- Gather and document requirements for new projects and product enhancements.
- Manage projects within product area ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage dependencies across other business teams.
- Create and maintain project information in Wiki including status updates, project documents, and project timeline.
- Maintain Jira backlog.
- Contribute to risk analysis proactively.
- Define success metrics.
- Perform post project analysis and widely distribute results.
- Explore and capture the requirements for your product areas for requests or projects where dedicated Business Analyst is not assigned.
- As a domain expert in your product area, support Business Analysts in the requirement gathering and analysis phase
- Document product knowledge in Wikis which will help different business teams in the long term
- Monitor and process requests from the business.
- Approve or Reject requests as appropriate.
- Manage the delivery of requested work keeping requestors and stakeholders frequently informed.
- Include detail of completed requests in Release Notes.
- Financial services experience desirable.
- Experience in managing relationships with senior level stakeholders.
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
The ideal candidate should display IG’s values:
- Champion the client
- Lead the way
- Love what we do
- Educated to degree level essential.
Number of openings1