About the role
Working within a dynamic portfolio team, you will be involved in the planning and implementation of both product management and marketing for the RabMAb portfolio product lines to maximize revenue. You will be working closely with the portfolio development and the manufacturing team to further develop product offering strategy for Abcam’s RabMAb portfolio.
You will also work directly with both global and regional marketing teams on developing marketing strategy and tactics, including market evaluation activities, in support of increasing Abcam’s RabMAb portfolio market awareness and global sales. This will involve the timely delivery of detailed reports for wider company consumption, management of co-marketing relationships as well as some international travel. Your overall aim will be to increase sales in your product ranges and be instrumental in the market driven development of Abcam’s RabMAb product portfolio.
Roles and responsibilities:
Pipeline and product management
- Responsible for new product development process for RabMAb portfolio, from concept to commercialization, pipeline suggestions
- Perform and monitor market trends and customer needs to identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation
- Working closely with manufacturing and product integration team, manage product launches
- Monitor product quality KPIs and assist quality team to address any issues
- Assist commercial teams in product and market knowledge sales support (i.e. sales training, talks).
Tactical marketing and collateral development (offline, online)
- Responsible for generating or sourcing high quality content for the Abcam’s RabMAb portfolio (online & offline)
- Assist in compiling e-campaigns to target existing customer base
- Producing and posting new articles, offers and relevant promotions on Abcam’s website
- Gathering and generating content and ideas for marketing/technical literature and working with a graphic designer to create new pieces
- Assist in producing copy for advertorials and advertisements
- Market research and external landscape
- Provide market research activities including web-based research projects, competitor analysis, and survey design/analysis
- Interact with Abcam’s product management and commercial teams, providing significant input into Abcam’s market-led approach to new product expansion
- Regular reporting of activities to the wider marketing team
- Internal coordination with customer facing departments (including scientific support, business development, customer service) to aid and inform marketing decisions and output
- Communicate marketing strategy and tactics to regional marketing teams
- Written reporting and presentation of market research and survey activities
Planning and monitoring
- Propose and manage a budget for all tactical marketing activities (online & offline) for RabMAb product line
- Monitor KPI and report ROI for all activities
Research area support
- Monitor and improve the strategy for marketing and new product development in one of Abcam’s research areas
- Generate content and management of campaigns
You will ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences and preferably postgraduate experience in a laboratory or the Life Sciences industry.
You also have a strong background in flow cytometry and confocal microscopy/image analysis. A commercial experience in marketing or sales with a demonstrable track record of market research, portfolio development and tactical marketing would also be preferable.
You should also have strong communication and organisation skills and the ability to build successful business relationships, as well as good attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.