Location: Nottingham (Sir John Peace) or Anywhere in the UK
This is a unique opportunity to be part of Experian's Digital Consumer Information Product team, managing and developing the products and propositions that support our clients across the customer lifecycle. We are seeking an established Product Manager to be responsible for defining and executing product strategy, new product development and innovation, translating strategy into product roadmaps and marketing plans.
This role is for a Product Manager to work within Acquisitions & Originations - Experian's largest single product domain. A&O is the core of what Experian does: helping consumers and lenders perform credit checks on new customers. We have processed these credit checks for the last 30 years for the majority of the UKs major lenders and financial institutions and it's a key to them running their business successfully. Our clients demand market leading products, data and technology. They wish to consume our market leading data in the easiest and most cost-effective way. Our clients also expect market leading products which are better than those offered by our key competitors and that is a key part of your responsibility.
This is an exciting time to join Experian as we are changing the way we operate, making a material shift in our business model to become more Product Centric.
The portfolio has three key products:
- Delphi Select: This is the gateway to all of our class leading data sets, including affordability and 'ScoreBoost' open data which lenders and other service providers use to feed their risk models and make decisions as to whether they will offer lending or other products / services on credit.
- Delphi New Business: Our own score cards for assessing the creditworthiness of customers. Lenders often use this alongside their own scores. This also feeds our Decisioning software which lenders use to automate their lending decision making.
- ECV2 and Evaluate: Provide access to the same data and scores as through Delphi but rather then 'plumbed in' to our customers (or our own) decisioning systems it is a screen based tool used for manual underwriting by smaller organisations or larger companies for making decisions for more niche offerings.
We also have legacy products which perform similar functionality to these products which the Product Manager will support the active sunsetting of these legacy products so we can focus all our innovation on our core offerings.
About the team
This role is for a Product Manager a key leader in the Digital Consumer Information team, a business until which generates £200m for Experian and supports all its UK strategic clients. It has 7 main Product Portfolio's aligned with our core markets, innovation and clients. Acquisitions & Originations is the largest of these portfolios with revenue of ~£60m. Despite our scale the Product Manager will be one of just two Product Managers in the team: this illustrates the criticality of the role to Experian as well as the potential for visbility to Experian's leadership. The wider team is are c500 people with a diverse set of cultures and locations from Glasgow to London with strong Nottingham presence. The team blend Fintech culture "just get done attitude", risk and reward with the breath or a Global organization to rely on with scale and brand second to none in the market.
The role will report to Grant Brown, Product Director of the A&O Domain.
As a Product Manager your responsibilities will include :
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities with adherence to the Experian Athena framework and Product Management frameworks
- Leading projects and progressing through full product lifecycle
- Product strategy aligned to market and Experian DCI needs
- Ownership of the product roadmap including identification of customer problems and jobs to be done as well as ownership of product backlog, prioritization and sprint planning
- Management of budgets, P&L's and support in meeting revenue targets
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers to gain market insight
- Understanding wider market sizing, trends and movements, including competitive threats and opportunities
- Clear definition and communication of product development business requirements and prioritisation
- Using influencing skills to highlight key features and benefits of the products, presenting findings clearly and confidently to clients and internal stakeholders
- Developing and effectively implementing 'Go to Market' plans, working cross-functionally to ensure successful execution
What makes this role special?
This is a B2B role that utilises B2C understanding to support our knowledge of the challenges clients face. The Digital Consumer Information business unit is a strategically important growth area, as such the role will achieve a high profile and suit an ambitious individual wanting to demonstrate their capabilities.
Could this for be for you? We are looking for Product Manager with the following:
- Strong Product Management or Proposition Management background
- A good understanding of how client insight should influence the development and innovation process
- A proven track record of effective delivery in a fast paced organization
- The ability to manage multiple projects and workload prioritization
- Strong influencing skills and be able to interface with stakeholders across the business
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Strong leadership, project/time management and problem solving skills
- Resourceful creative thinker with strong analytical skills
Desirable/Good to have:
- Knowledge and experience across vertical markets including Banking, Financial, Debt Collection, Telco & Utility sectors
- Full product lifecycle experience
- Understanding of product development processes, including familiarity with project management concepts
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.