During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
In Decision Analytics we unlock meaning within data to help clients solve problems and drive better decisions and outcomes; Is this customer who they claim to be? Can this person afford the loan they're asking for? Does this person qualify for a service we provide?
Organisations need to answer these sorts of questions hundreds, thousands, even millions of times a day. As well as answering them accurately and consistently, they need to answer them quickly because that's what their customers expect.
We help our clients do this - minimising the risk to their organisation while delivering the type of customer experience that people expect. We help them to lend effectively, to detect and minimise fraud and to comply with legal requirements. We help them identify new opportunities including more efficient ways to run their business and better ways to cross-sell their products.
We do this by combining our own data with data from our clients and third parties. We then use advanced technologies to organise and analyse this data, turning it into useful, meaningful information which our customers can act on. Our clients can make lending decisions on hundreds of millions of credit applications every year and can also avoid fraud by checking that applicants are who they say they are.
Background and Job Responsibilities:
Decision Analytics (DA) is a fast-growing business line, which in FY19 generated $728 million in annual revenue and contributed 15% towards overall Experian group revenue.
Decision Analytics is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future. There is strategic ambition to grow the DA business to generate $1.9b in revenue annually - by 2024. This ambition is forecast to be realised through a combination of organic / selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities.
Decision Analytics comprises three main product lines: Decisioning Software, Identity & Fraud, and Analytics and AI. This business line competes globally and occupies a market leading position in our main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications, utilities and public sector. Competitors include FICO, CRIF, Equifax, TransUnion, IBM, Pega, SAS and many smaller, niche providers.
This new Product Analyst role is critical to our strategy execution and the individual will help design, build, operate and grow adoption of DA customer self service portals globally.
Context & Focus:
The current Marketing & Strategy team has had a significant impact on the growth of the Global Decision Analytics business.
Looking ahead, Experian is making significant investments to accelerate innovation, transform customer experience and drive scale across the world - with emphasis on pivoting the business towards SaaS offerings and API-based software, data and analytics capabilities. A critical enabler is going to be Experian's ability to engage with its clients digitally. Our B2B clients need to submit requests, changes, report incidents, etc. but also want to be informed about the details of our data, platforms and products, be notified of upcoming changes or understand our roadmap, etc. The more we can share in user-friendly self-service, the better we can satisfy their needs rapidly and at scale, and drive client satisfaction.
As a result, we are looking for a Product Analyst who will closely with the Self-Serve Product Manager to capture self-service requirements and translate these into concepts and functional specifications. The role involves working closely with all areas and levels of the business, delivery and technology teams throughout the product lifecycle, from conceptual shaping of the requirements through to release; liaising continuously with the design, development and test teams as a key participant in regular project updates. The individual would also take responsibility of interpreting the captured usage analytics of the customer self-service portals and translating these into insights for further product development and to inform campaigns to drive awareness and adoption.
- Capture requirements and translate these into relevant concepts and specifications.
- Liaise with all areas of the business and regions to collate and validate requirements.
- Create and maintain specifications and mock-ups in accordance with the business priorities, working practices and timescales.
- Develop an expertise of the product offerings, internal systems and clients
- Interpret application usage analytics and provide insights into product evolution.
- Provide regular specification updates to the Project Team and various stakeholders.
- Track requirements through a variety of governance tools and methods.
- Ad-hoc product research tasks as part of the wider team's remit.
- Ad-hoc content optimization tasks to increase customer engagement with the self-service portals.
- Ad-hoc communications and campaigns (internal and external) to grow awareness and engagement with the self service.
Candidate Profile - Skills, Attributes & Knowledge
- Passion for customers and improving the customer experience
- Able to grasp new concepts and systems using own initiative
- High standards of both written and oral communication
- IT orientated and analytical skill set
- Good researching skill and ability to work in cross-functional team
- Highly organised and administrative capability
- Able to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures
- Persuasive, confident and diplomatic
- Able to present software proposals/concepts to project stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with stakeholders and clients to understand requirements
Candidate Profile - Industry & Domain Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven business experience, including relevant experience as a BA, product analyst or process engineering role
- Industry experience most likely obtained in Financial Information, Financial Services or Technology firm
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.