We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
This role will involve leading a cross functional team in developing the unauthenticated part of the Zopa website, as well as driving step change improvements in our digital contact channel capabilities.
In owning the Zopa website, this team has the mission of creating seamless experiences encouraging browsers to convert to become Zopa customers, as well as ensuring existing customers can find help and support and contact us when needed. You will lead the development, design and content work for both long-term strategic projects and short-term tactical optimisation initiatives.
With regards to Zopa’s digital contact channel strategy, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the roadmap in this space, enabling customers to contact us quickly and easily through their channel of choice.
You will drive initiatives such as live chat through the website, and messaging through our mobile app in the short term, but also set our direction for the future, assessing and creating recommendations on the role of existing and emerging channels such as Facebook messenger and Whatsapp.
We are looking for someone that already has experience in this space and has delivered tangible results, so that they can hit the ground running!
More specifically, some of the things that will be important for you to focus on:
- Working with your team to create a development process and ongoing plan of work that makes sense for the product and drives continuous improvement
- Collaborate with and manage key stakeholders across Zopa to make sure the product is working for other Product Managers and for teams such as Design, Content and Marketing
- Work with the Head of Operational Services and Analytics, the Operations Director and the Chief Customer Officer to define the digital channel strategy for customer service
- Actively and consistently drive efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience based on data, industry research, usability testing and customer feedback
- Own our web self-help journey, ensuring that the journey is well designed, and that FAQs, our digital channels, and signposting to analogue channels all fit together seamlessly
- Taking over responsibility for our live chat MVP, defining the next steps to successfully scale this channel and improve customer experience
- Define the learning agenda for chat bots, understanding the use cases where the technology could be most useful for both customers and the business
- Define both the business and technical requirements of initiatives, working with cross functional teams to refine and deliver
- Partner with our operations teams on the agent facing side of digital channels
- Define success metrics for new projects and track performance for existing projects to ensure we are always moving towards defined goals
- Deliver projects in a timely and cost efficient manner with a consistent focus on driving positive organisational and customer outcomes
- Consistently understanding new developments in the market and their possible application to Zopa’s business
- You’re a strategic thinker, able to develop a roadmap and execute against it
- You’re a customer champion. You have proven experience using customer insights to drive product development and positive customer outcomes
- You'll have an intrigue and technical understanding of live chat, bots and other digital service channels
- You'll have previous experience as a Product Manager in a web based role
- You'll understand the software development lifecycle and have worked in agile teams before
- You'll have strong project management skills
- You are comfortable around data, understanding the importance of tracking the performance of initiatives, iterating and improving over time
- You are familiar with test design principles and able to construct testing in a way that translates into robust and actionable outcomes
- You are able to manage multiple projects while coordinating efforts across a variety of functional areas
- You have a strong analytical approach to presenting recommendations and making decisions
- You are highly collaborative and a strong communicator – able to work well with people of different disciplines and levels
- You are curious and always seeking better ways to do things – both within and outside of the industry
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.