Flatirons Solutions is hiring a Product Manager to join our Solution Management team!
In this role, you will be responsible for the Product release plan. You will create, maintain and prioritize the product backlog - focus on defining the functional requirements (the what and why, not the how). You will work with pre-sales team, product architects and technical leaders to get estimate on new feature development from the back log. Based on approved investment budget, you will schedule new feature considering dependency on sales pipeline, Customer Contractual commitment, Customer Satisfaction, market trend and needs to stay competitive. You will support release planning/PI planning.
- Owner of the road-map
- Owner of the Product release plan
- Develops business case for new product development projects and presents them during investment request review to gain support and approval
- Sequence the backlog according to business value/ROI
- Strategic direction for the product(s) working with Sales, Account Management, Architecture
- Actively engages with the sales organizations to understand market acceptance and understand feature/performance enhancements needed to maintain the product in the market over time.
- Work in tandem with Business Analyst to provide product feature documentation and description easily manageable by the Product Engineering team
- Takes the role as internal expert on the product line’s products and technology.
- Regularly interacts with customers through site visits, showroom presentations, professional societies and tradeshow activities
- Support demonstrations as needed either for sales support, internal training or market presence (webinars, conferences, partners...). Demonstrate a natural ability to articulate value proposition of the offering for end users, business owners, procurement and IT.
- Participate to Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews/Retrospectives.
- Owner of the Product investment budget
- Convey the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every release
- Verification of functional requirements delivered
- Third Party Software upgrade plan (e.g. Alfresco)
- Break down Solution Requests into Epics and User Stories, working with the BA to focus on the functional requirements for the functionality (the what and why, not how)
- Assist in elaborating required functionality into user stories, granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint
- Represent the customer, interface and engage the customer
- Represent the company in appropriate industry settings to promote a positive image to increase brand awareness at tradeshows, events, conferences, etc.
- Is the final acceptance/rejection of product release
- Release readiness checklist (supported by PO)
- Provide support to the Solution Management VP in budgets, cost controls, and results
- Provide leadership to the team and promote employee engagement to achieve Product goal
- Keep abreast of applicable and upcoming technological changes
- Focus on continuous improvement and recommends process changes and enhancements
- Participates on relevant standards committees and helps to ensure product compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Proven oral and written communication skills with all levels of employees and customers.
- Good technical knowledge and expertise on the tools to be delivered to the Customer
- Ability to resolve technical issues autonomously
- Exhibits initiative, creativity and resourcefulness with a passion for excellence
- Solid analytical and logical cognitive skills
- Excellent problem resolution and technical decision making abilities
- Well organized, dynamic, able to multitask and change focus quickly when required
- Proven interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration with peers, managers, and subordinates
- Ability to travel 30 % of the year
- Flexibility and ability to support communication and coordination with different Flatirons offices location, culture
Education, Skills & Experience:
- B. S. degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent degree or certifications and/or 5 years of hands-on software development experience and/or managing software development projects
- Demonstrate attitude, skills, and experience in leading technical teams for enterprise software development projects
- Experience with content/document management concepts and products specialized in structured content management such as SGML/XML
- Experience with SGML, XML, supportive technologies such as XSL, Omnimark, XML databases, editors, and related standards such as ATA and S1000D
- Experience with Aviation/Aerospace business processes, aircraft maintenance and operations data/content, and software systems
- Experience with J2EE/Java, browser-based applications, relational databases, overall enterprise applications
- Solid understanding of software design/development principles, the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), AGILE, and software debugging techniques
- Fluency in English