As a senior leader in Product Management, you will lead high-performing teams in envisioning and creating complex technology solutions across the firm. This prominent position combines strategic thinking – about industry trends, firm-specific initiatives and relevant technology – with a deep understanding for how to develop and implement programs that can be rolled out globally, and across multiple lines of business. You'll work closely with executive leadership across the firm to identify and prioritize projects that serve the best interest of the entire firm. Meanwhile, you'll ensure that your Project Execution colleagues have the resources and guidance they need to deliver timely and relevant solutions. As a key professional in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology group, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's leading talent in developing programs with broad and lasting implications.
The Product Manager is the main interface with customers, and is responsible for delivering on the end-to-end product vision with the help from the Functional Team and Engineering Team. You will…
- Have high visibility requiring you to work closely with customers. Customer experience is a critical part of this role – you will act as a strategic partner; influencing senior leaders across the LOBs / firm to drive product roadmaps and backlogs
- Create and own the firmwide product vision across buyer / customer experiences and be accountable for Product strategy, investment management, multi-year planning, and market analysis
- Be responsible for enabling smooth delivery of products throughout the delivery lifecycle, removing impediments and blockers slowing down the flow of delivery
- Play an important role in developing a collaborative, innovative culture with the Product Line as a proven leader who manages teams comprised of Product Areas and Product Cabinet
- Have direct accountability for people management and financial budgeting
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge in all business processes across an entire line of business, as well expertise in other lines of business and technology disciplines
- Track record for managing high-performing teams on large and complicated programs.
- Ability to create and support a collaborative culture that attracts, retains and develops top talent
- A strong understanding of financial control, budget management, risk management and operations
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
- Proficient knowledge of product management techniques (e.g., product roadmapping, feature matrix, agile), web services, online technologies, and user interface design
- Strong knowledge of product strategy – with direct experience in strategic planning, product management practices, and organizational, operational and/or technological change and up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding and proven track record of financial and accounting management, e.g., investment processes, business case development, cost and recovery models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate concepts to a senior management and customers
- Expert understanding of business value drivers with some understanding of broader business context
- Proficient to Expert in multiple business disciplines / job families, functions and participates in setting and driving the business‘ strategic direction
- Completion of a full product lifecycle - Experience of product leadership and/or management, ideally in a global organization; focus on technology products is an advantage
- Proven track record in managing broad Technical Delivery team, particular those based on software with agile methodologies
- Proven experience of building strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.