Profession: Product Management
Work Location: Europe-United Kingdom-London
Other Locations: Europe-France-Paris
SITA FOR AIRCRAFT is the leading provider of Cockpit Communication services and Flight Operations solution to the air transport industry.
Despite the current pandemic the global airspace is becoming more and more crowded. Alongside the challenge of congested skies around the world, Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP’s) all face their own regional pressures, ranging from technology shortages and limitations, to shortage of natural scarce resources such as radio spectrum.
We at SITA FOR AIRCRAFT have been working with ANSP’s for decades, to make air travel safer by addressing the major challenges of the day. The answer to many of the biggest issues facing Air Traffic Management (ATM), and the industry at large, lies in the digital shift taking place throughout aviation. The level of traffic now being experienced cannot be handled without a continual evolution of services to support ANSP’s requirement for performance.
To fulfil the primary functions of air traffic management: communication, navigation and surveillance SITA FOR AIRCRAFT supports ANSPs through the development of evermore efficient services that encompass these core functions. We believe that future ATM success, whether improving on-time performance or better managing delays, relies on ANSP’s and airlines working closer together. As the datalink service leaders, SITA FOR AIRCRAFT is in prime position to bring these parties together, to ensure global air traffic management remains fit for the future.
In that context we are looking for a product manager that possesses the right balance of attention to customer needs, the part technology can play in answering problem spaces and business awareness. In this position, your primary responsibility will be to manage our Aeronautical Telecommunication Network (ATN) based solution set that supports the Europe wide cockpit to controller datalink functionality known as Controller Pilot Data Link Communication (CPDLC). SITA FOR Aircraft is the leading provider of this service and we envisage this role naturally expanding to cover additional emerging solutions that answer the needs of our ANSP and airline customers alike. As a key part of this role you will need to ensure on the long term strategic, financial and customer satisfaction objectives are achieved. If you are passionate about innovation, market analysis, product development and marketing, and have interest in the aviation then this is the right job for you!
Main responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Product Innovation/Definition and Life Cycle Management
· Define product vision and strategy through continuous customer and industry engagement
· Manage complete product life cycle from inception to retiring
· Prioritize new product features and creation of a product road map including gaining of stakeholders buy-in
· Assure that there is a clear product definition including definition of all related services
· Proactively work together with other teams to assure that all aspects of the product are properly industrialized
· Support of industry programs and meetings to best position our proposition, to track market trends / requirements and potentially participate in development of standards
· Continuously analyze the market to timely identify market opportunities and threats
· Stay on top of customer needs through regular customer focus groups and requests thorough collaboration with customers and customer facing teams
· Manage current product partners and seek opportunities to enhance or extend partnerships that will add value to the product
· Proactively look for synergies and integration opportunities with other SITA FOR AIRCRAFT and SITA Group products
· Establish and implement an effective channel 'go to market' strategy for the products, to include an agreed and executed sales and marketing plan
· Responsible for all product marketing activities during the lifetime of the product including the implementation of the product launch plan, promotional and collateral support plan and sales support/infrastructure plan to drive the successful acquisition and retention of customers
· Develop and document product value proposition and unique selling points
· Support Sales forces with a clear product value proposition and training
· Support bid management processes and pre-sales customer interactions
Product Pricing Strategy
· Define a pricing strategy for the product(s) in the marketplace to achieve desired sales volumes/optimized profit
· Ensure that key players understand the pricing strategy and apply it
· Own and continuously monitor product profitability
· Monitor and manage the cost structure related to the product
· Creation of new and updating of existing product business cases
· Develop and maintain product dashboard that displays measurement of product financial, customer satisfaction and business objectives
· Hold regular product & market optimization reviews with Leadership team that focus on making recommendations in how to drive improved performance of the product from a commercial and where relevant, technical perspective
We would like it if you have the below qualifications, knowledge and experiences
· Bachelor Degree level or equivalent in a technical, business or marketing discipline essential, Master degree is a plus
· Proven and relevant business and product management experience in a high-tech, global company
· Proven extensive experience as Product Manager with a track record of delivering results in a global business environment and within a technology solutions-based business.
· Good knowledge of Product Management, Stage Gate or other product development methodology
· Capability of leading and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support within an international environment
· Knowledge of the ATC & ATI industries, ANSPs and their ecosystem, regional and global influencers, ICAO, CANSO, IATA, and economic drivers is desirable
· Understanding of the latest trends and innovations within the Air Traffic Control industry and relevant technology areas (globally and regionally) is a plus
· Experience in commercial airline business environment, or telecoms is a plus
· Innovation Skills and a track record in defining market requirements and functional specifications
· Understanding of the latest trends and innovations within the airline/airport industry and relevant technology areas is a plus
Location & travel
· Aldershot - UK, Paris or Brussels will be considered
· Travel of up to 15% mostly within Europe is envisaged post pandemic.
Why Should you be interested?
· Learning Opportunity – this is a challenging role which will grow your capability
· Career Development – we hire about 30% of our roles internally
· International Environment – we have a very international employee base and we are located in over 130 countries