MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD is recruiting a Product Manager for our ILBU Business unit in Milton Keynes
Reporting to the BU Manager ILBU-Pigs, this role with the support of the BM Pigs is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for a defined portfolio of Animal Health (AH) products to meet identified objectives for sales, product positioning, market growth and profitability.
This role is based at head office with up to 2 days per week in the field as required.
Product Strategy and Planning
• The development of strategic and operational marketing plans for key AH products.
• Actively contribute to development of the business unit’s Operating Plan.
• Working with AH colleagues in species teams, formulate detailed annual plans and objectives for promotions and campaigns in line with overall AH marketing strategy and priorities, including new product/services launches and in-market product life-cycle management.
IDAL Key responsibilities
• Responsible to implement training and best practice of IDAL’s use at farm level with MSD AH customers in the field.
• Maintain a track and trace database.
• Interact as the connecting point between MSD AH GB customers, Henke Sass and Global Marketing Swine.
• Manage IDAL inventory and distribution.
• Review, revise and communicate sales forecasts and minimum inventory levels to guide production and delivery, taking into account promotional plans, seasonal variations and market demand to anticipate and meet customer demand generated by the corresponding marketing strategy.
Pricing and Profitability
• Determine and agree with business managers and the sales team appropriate pricing structure and flexibility for new and existing products, taking into account value pricing, direct marketing margin, demand, market conditions and the competitive environment to maximise profitability in line with overall AH targets.
• Manage the delegated advertising and promotional budget for a defined group of products,
• Work with Business manager to submit plans detailing investment proposals
• Monitor spend to ensure budget targets are met.
Internal and External Relationships
• Identify, build and develop constructive relationships with team colleagues, across the MSD AH business in the UK including but not limited to sales colleagues, technical advisors, regulatory colleagues, customer services and demand management collaborators and commercial intelligence analysts.
• Identify, build and develop constructive relationships with team colleagues, across the MSD AH business in the European and global marketing team to ensure alignment of local tactics and strategies with the global vision for the relevant portfolio of products
• Identify, build and develop constructive relationships with external contacts to facilitate team working, the exchange of information, the development of business opportunities and to promote the UK business, including but not limited to relevant Key Opinion leaders, industry partners and sources of business intelligence.
• Represent the interests of the UK business at international level if required (for instance communicating product life-cycle management requirements to compete in the local environment or participate in International ProductTeam(s) as appropriate)
• Participate in key business meetings, local or international to communicate plans and educate relevant stakeholders, ensuring effective execution of marketing plans
• Understand the pig industry and/or Animal Health business, the UK market and competitive environment
• Understanding the veterinary medicines regulatory environment and industry compliance requirements, develop, present, deliver, monitor and manage custormer centric marketing campaigns for key AH products, leveraging all possible marketing promotional tactics, with a strong emphasis on sales force tactics and digital marketing.
• Provide ongoing support, guidance and training to sales teams in the implementation of plans.
• Commission the design of promotional materials, PR, events and activities, based on solid customer insight, to meet agreed marketing plan objectives.
• Identify, commission, analyse and interpret market intelligence from a range of sources, including sales force and customer feedback, market research, publications, conferences and industry contacts to ensure that knowledge is up to date and to inform debate and decision making
we will alsoconsider candidates with less experience for this role
• Degree level in life science, business or relevant qualification and ideally CIM Diploma or Certificate
• Understanding and experience (min 2 years) of relevant marketing concepts and principles, for example acquired in brand, product or category management in FMCG, OTC, Dairy/Meat Production industry or Animal Feeds sector.
• Experience in Digital marketing is highly desirable
• Understanding of the pharmaceutical sales function and experience in a sales role would be an avantage
• Strong communication skills - verbal and written – fluency in English a requirement.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Commercial acumen including good understanding of industry-relevant financial data and the ability to analyse and interpret a range of financial information
• Ability to obtain, analyse and interpret industry relevant market intelligence and market research data to derive conclusions and recommend creative solutions
• Good time management, project management and organisational skills
• Established ability to lead, influence and motivate teams that do not report directly into the post such as cross-functional teams
• Ability to brief and manage the relationship with external suppliers and creative agencies
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Job Title: Junior Product Manager – Integrated Livestock Business Unit – (Pigs)
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Milton Keynes
Employee Status: Regular